I waited 24 hours before reinstalling it. G/flex adheres tenaciously to difficult- to-glue hardwoods, both tropical and domestic varieties. CDN$68.66. Reviewed in the United States on December 7, 2016. Sort by Top-rated. Makes structural bonds that can absorb the stress of expansion, contraction, shock, and vibration. Please try again. With a modulus of elasticity of 150,000 PSI, it is a bit more flexible than standard epoxies and polyester, but much stiffer than adhesive sealants. It can be modified with West System fillers and additives, and used to wet-out fiberglass tapes and fabrics. It took about an hour to remove and prep the tank, about 10 minutes to mix and apply the epoxy. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Last year’s repair attempt using a product called Plasti-Mend didn’t hold up. CDN$132.26. Epoxy Adhesive, 25ml Epoxy Glue, Yanyi 0.85 Liquid Ounce Epoxy Resin Crystal Clear, Fast Curing, Waterproof and Softened, Suitable for Crack Damage Fixed Filling or Sealing 4.2 out of 5 stars 362 CDN$ 15.29 CDN$ 15 . Tried a test area and it was too brittle. Shop with confidence - get free shipping to home or stores + price match guarantee! Each kit contains 8 ounces of G/flex 650 Toughened Epoxy, adhesive filler, application syringes, mixing pots and reusable mixing sticks and protective gloves. Star Brite 087004 Epoxy Aluminum Putty Stick, 4 Ounce (Pack of 1) 3.8 out of 5 stars 21. Deliver what you show and what you say! Epoxy differs from glue in that its components must be stored separately to prevent curing before use. Gougeon Brothers, Inc. tech Randy demonstrates the new G-Flex Epoxy system while repairing an aluminum boat. I reached out a long time ago to the factories producing for West Marine, and they specifically recommended me the g/flex for oily wood and steel. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Reviewed in the United States on December 1, 2020. Cheapest Boat Painting Supplies Epoxy Online . Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on May 25, 2018. WEST SYSTEM G/Flex Epoxy (2-4oz) 4.8 out of 5 stars 196. owen bush 268 ... and noting I have not used G-flex, it is by far the strongest epoxy I have used so far. Ive tried the loctite 5 minute stuff from Home Depot, worked fine but set up too fast for my liking. Please try again. Since 1968, West Marine has grown to over 250 local stores, with knowledgeable Associates happy to assist. I found that there are a lot of things that I like about this material: It is mixed at a 1:1 ratio, so I traced two equal, poker-chip sized circles side by side and squirted G/flex 650 Resin in one And Hardener inthe other. G/flex 655 hardener (9 fl. For the best bond, apply the epoxy in a thin layer across the work piece and wet sand it in with 60 grit sand paper. CDN$14.73. Write a review. West System 650-8 G/flex Toughened Epoxy, two, 4.5 fl oz, West System 655-2 QT G/flex Epoxy Adhesive, two 1 qt, West System 655-8 G/flex Epoxy Adhesive, two 4.5 fl oz, Kevlar Felt - 1 Yard - 36 Inches by 40 Inches - Used for Canoe Kayak to Protect Boat Bottoms from Rocks, Oysters, Sand, and virtually Any Object That Would Normally Puncture The Bottom - 3.5 Ounce, West System 650-K Aluminum Boat Repair Kit, WEST SYSTEM 655k G/Flex Epoxy Adhesive Repair Kit, 3M Marine 5200 Adhesive/Sealant (Mahogany, 1/10 Gallon), 10 fl oz. CDN$205.41. The cocobolo left some epoxy behind but a good portion was unstuck. The powder dyes for epoxy that K&G sells works super and they stock black, red, yellow, white, green and tan. New (7) from CDN$ 47.11 + FREE Shipping G/flex 650 is a toughened, versatile, liquid epoxy for permanent waterproof bonding of fiberglass, ceramics, metals, plastics, damp and difficult-to-bond woods. 3M Super 77 is a multipurpose spray adhesive 3M Super 77 is a multipurpose spray adhesive that can be used for a variety of projects to bond lightweight materials. It gets the epoxy into the pores and the "dust" created acts as … Copper Foil Tape (1inch X 66 FT X 2) with Conductive Adhesive for Guitar and EMI Sh... MG Chemicals 8329TCS Thermal Conductive Adhesive, Slow Cure, 15 g, 2 Dispeners, 832... MG Chemicals 8330S Silver Epoxy Adhesive, Extreme Conductivity, 4 hr. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. It had been repaired with regular epoxy and fiberglass in a rather half-hearted way, so I wanted to do it right. With a modulus of elasticity of 150,000 PSI, G/flex 650 is a bit more flexible than standard epoxies and polyester, but much stiffer than adhesive sealants. It will cure faster but the thinner mix will apply exponentially faster and evenly. Used this flexible epoxy to repair two royalex canoes. G/flex Thickened Epoxy Adhesive is a toughened, versatile, 2-part epoxy for permanent waterproof bonding of plastic, fiberglass,... G/flex 650 is a bit more flexible than standard epoxies and polyester, but much stiffer than adhesive sealants. Also, worked great for this application. Covered gashes going down to the core and then made skid plates using the epoxy alone without any felt or Kevlar strips. Enjoy the testing! We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Add to Wish List. The package can be resealed for storeage in preparation for the next repair. Use disposable stuff to spread it because it ain't coming off your brush or tools. What we like: Strong bond. All stars. Easy to use, two-part resin/hardener system For tough, permanent, waterproof repairs Pre-thickened for permanent waterproof bonding Bonds to fiberglass, ceramics, metals, plastics and damp woods Modulus of elasticity of 150, 000 PSI, more flexible than standard Makes structural bonds that can absorb stress Can be modified with WEST SYSTEM fillers and additives One-to-one mixture45 minutes of working time at 72FReaches initial cure in 7 to 10 hours and full cure in 24 hours. This epoxy was fantastic! Get free shipping on qualified Glue/Epoxy products or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today. The last picture is of the pins and lanyard tube to be installed after I finish getting the handles rough shaped. Reviewed in the United States on November 17, 2020. G Flex Thickened Epoxy Adhesive 655-K is the one of the best glues on the planet! You don't have to rush either, it starts out runny like warm honey, but is easy to work with for about 20 to 30 minutes before it starts to thicken. 1 Link to post Share on other sites. Reviewed in the United States on January 22, 2020. This stuff works great. I ordered another product better suited for my needs, but cant return all this because I tried it... oh well. There was a problem adding this item to Cart. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, + $37.55 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Turkey. A thickened, easy-to-use epoxy that permanently bonds fibreglass, ceramics, metals, plastics, damp and difficult-to-bond woods. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. G/Flex 650 Epoxy Resin & 4 oz. West System 655-2QT G/Flex Adhesive, Quart 4.5 out of 5 stars 17. Unlike other methods of repair, ART’s repair system addresses the flexible nature of the wood. Adhesion. Sold by Fiberglass Supply Depot and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. Due to the age of the trailer, and location of tank it was going to be a struggle to find a replacement. The epoxy has held up to some rock bashing on the river since. Easy to use G/flex is a simple 1:1 mix ratio by volume two-part epoxy system. kit, 2 Quart kit, 2 Gallon kit, 4.75 Gallon resin only, and 4.75 Gallon hardener only. Illustrated, detailed instructions explain how to repair leaking seams and rivets in aluminum boats. West System 650-8 G/Flex Toughened, Versatile, Liquid Epoxy Resin and Epoxy Hardener, Permanent Waterproof Bonding of Fiberglass, Ceramics, Metals, Plastics, Damp & Woods 4.7 out of 5 stars 326. Structural adhesives and epoxies are available for bonding automotive plastic components, filling cracks in concrete, connecting metal components, and more. In this case, 105 Resin-based epoxy is a perfect choice since the plywood will never exceed the elongation of the epoxy. West System 650-8 G/flex Toughened Epoxy, two, 4.5 fl oz, WEST SYSTEM 655k G/Flex Epoxy Adhesive Repair Kit, West System 655-2 QT G/flex Epoxy Adhesive, two 1 qt, G/flex Toughened Epoxy, two,16 fl oz 650-32, TotalBoat FlexEpox Flexible Epoxy Adhesive, West System Six10 Thickened Epoxy Adhesive. We do not recommend G/flex for building a stitch-and-glue kayak. Shop with confidence - get free shipping to home or stores + price match guarantee! I bought then to glue a 3" uniseal to polyethylene, and ended up gluing 2 one side the worst damaged side of the polyethylene glued well and is sitting under pressure underwater now, however the other side which I damaged in the process of taking everything apart to glue the bad side Did not hold completely near the bottom of the seal it separated slightly, although i suspect it had to do with the preparation since it was my first time I probably did not get it 100% right, although It's also underwater and not leaking. It has a slight amount of give so when the wood and steel expand at different rates due to … You can buy just the epoxy (without the extras) for a bit >> less money. West System 105A Epoxy Resin (32 fl oz) Bundle with 206A Slow Epoxy Hardener (7 fl oz) and 300 Mini Pumps Epoxy Metering 3-Pack Pump Set (3 Items) 4.8 out of 5 stars 140 1 offer from $303.62 This product works as advertised. G/flex 650 is a bit more flexible than standard epoxies and polyester, but much stiffer than adhesive sealants. This is a liquid epoxy that is versatile and strong. I've run it several hundred miles without any hint of a leak. We do not have any recommendations at this time, West System 655-8 G/flex Epoxy Adhesive, two 4.5 fl oz. The layers of adhesive will bond as if they were applied at the same time and mixed together. Know that it will become thicker as the temp lowers. I want to use the G-flex with some kevlar for skid plates to extend the use. After learning about HDPE (high density polyethylene) and how it does not take well to regular epoxies, I found lots of mentions of this stuff on canoe forums. Text, image, video. Please try again. We often simplify adhesive bonds into two categories; primary bonds and mechanical bonds. Each kit contains 4 oz. Please try again. G/Flex is toughened to make structural bonds that absorb the stresses of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration. CRAFTY Clear Epoxy Resin Crystal Clear Resin Kit Art Resin Epoxy Clear 2 Part E... Gorilla 5021801 Waterproof Polyurethane Glue, 18 ounce Bottle, 1-Pack, Brown, 18 Fl Oz. of mixed epoxy), 406 Colloidal Silica, 2 reusable mixing sticks, 2 pairs of protective neoprene gloves, 2 application syringes, 2 plastic mixing cups, and detailed repair instructions. We do not recommend G/flex for building a stitch-and-glue kayak. The Contenders G-Flex Epoxy - … Manufacturer wanted $450 to replace it. Choose from 4 different sizes of resin/hardener: 8 oz. Both of these epoxies are good choices for a knife handle, however, which one performs better!? This epoxy fully cures in 7 to 10 hours so best to leave overnight. There was a problem adding this item to Cart. A pack lives in the caravan and we never leave home without it. I used some fiberglass sheets cut to size and soaked in the epoxy on the larger crack, but I also filled some gouges and smaller dings with just the epoxy. You can see the epoxy squeeze out at the top of the handle where it just came right off of the steel. It can be used on almost any material. The kit contains G/flex epoxy and hardener, 406 colloidal silica (filler), application syringes, reusable mixing sticks, protective gloves and step by step instructions to guide you through the repair. But in the meantime, I left it outdoors all winter standing on edge. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. It can be used for structural bonding as G/Flex can absorb the stresses of expansion contraction shock and vibration. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The Flex-Tec HV™ will even hold its bond when planed and will not harden with age. After only a few months, the cracks returned. Please try again later. Oops. Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Read the Small Print in the Listing before Ordering, Reviewed in the United States on December 31, 2019. It's called 'Fiber Fix'. Overfilling will require excessive sanding. Add to Cart. Description: G/flex 655 Epoxy Adhesive, 2 Wt. I've used West Systems G/flex 655 epoxy to fix a crack in a kayak. Great stuff. ... Thermally Conductive High Temperature Epoxy Adhesive Max 425F Heat Cure Low Viscosity, Thermo-Bond 180, 50gm kit(s) Epoxies for Knife Handles Video. This is false advertising and will be sent back with a formal complaint. Awesome stuff, definitely worth the price. Find the top 100 most popular items in Amazon Industrial & Scientific Best Sellers. It is like Araldite, but has flexible properties, so copes with vibration, thermal expansion, knocks and bumps. Reviewed in the United States on August 18, 2015. I followed the directions, watched some videos, and gave it a shot. CDN$18.66. G/flex Epoxy Adhesive belongs in every boater's repair kit. West System 655-2 QT G/flex Epoxy Adhesive, two 1 qt G/flex is ideal for bonding a variety of materials, including dissimilar ones. Working time,... MG Chemicals - 9400-3ML 9400 One-Part Electrically Conductive Adhesive, Low TG, 3mi... To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. A pre-thickened version of G/flex 650, G/flex 655 is a good choice for making structural bonds that can absorb the stress of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration. Please try again later. Toughened, versatile, liquid epoxy resin for permanent bonding of fiberglass, ceramics, metals, plastics, damp and difficult-to-bond woods. This epoxy is ideal for repairs to aluminum boats and polyethylene and ABS canoes and kayaks. It worked great. The name of this product includes, "G/flex Epoxy Adhesive, Two 1qt" and the image clearly shows two components of one quart each however what arrived was two 12 oz tubes. G-flex was thickened and applied after treatment as described, then I cleaned it and layered on a fiberglass cover using regular West Marine epoxy. G flex is the best epoxy for knife making because it does not harden rigidly. Position epoxy as close as possible to desired shape. oz. Usually ships within 6 to 10 days. Reviewed in the United States on October 5, 2020. Just noticed the current price is a little cheaper, anyways compared to their advertised pricing at West system website there are some deals on amazon for sure, especially with the free shipping. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The damaged stock was repaired and enabled this old veteran (Union side) to keep on functioning. Adhesion with G/flex to properly prepared plastics (other than polypropylene and acrylic) varies from about 1,700 to 3,300 psi, depending on the plastic and the surface prep used. I figured what a great time to try out our G/flex Epoxy. In this case, 105 Resin-based epoxy is a perfect choice since the plywood will never exceed the elongation of the epoxy Like all epoxies, it can be difficult to work as it gets more viscous at the end of the working period. Flex-Tec HV™ is engineered to move with the wood. Deliver what you … The name of this product includes, "G/flex Epoxy Adhesive, Two 1qt" and the image clearly shows two components of one quart each however what arrived was two 12 oz tubes. G/flex Thickened Epoxy Adhesive is a toughened, versatile, 2-part epoxy for permanent waterproof bonding of plastic, fiberglass, ceramics, metals, damp and difficult-to-bond woods. Got a 20 minute epoxy, 2:1 mix, from System Three. Next. Price: $83.40 + Free shipping. With a modulus of elasticity of 150,000 PSI, G/flex 650 is a bit more flexible than standard epoxies and polyester, but much stiffer than adhesive sealants. G/Flex Epoxy Adhesion Data. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges. Nansheng Fiberglass Cloth Mesh Tape, Weave Reinforced E-Glass Fiber Fabric for Wind... EcoPoxy FlowCast 1.5L Kit Clear Casting Epoxy Resin for Wood Working, Tables, Counters, Loctite 1363118-8 Epoxy Plastic Bonder, 0.85 fl. G/flex 650 is a toughened, versatile, liquid epoxy for permanent waterproof bonding of fiberglass, ceramics, metals, plastics, damp and difficult-to-bond woods. This is great epoxy! G/flex 650 is a toughened, versatile, liquid epoxy for permanent waterproof bonding of fiberglass, ceramics, metals, plastics, damp and difficult-to-bond woods. Trying to patch a leaking Zodiac inflatable boat. In this video we try to find that out! Will reorder again as needed. The patch is firmly bonded to the kayak and does not leak, nor do I expect it to in the future. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. In actuality the product is written near the bottom of the page as two tubes totaling a product weight of 12 ounces. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. A pre-thickened version of G/flex 650, G/flex 655 is a good choice for making structural bonds that can absorb the stress of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration. In many cases the adhesion is not enough to exceed the strengt… Only 8 left in stock. oz. I’m hoping it’s going to be just the ticket. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. It looks fine this summer. WEST SYSTEM 650-K G/flex Epoxy Repair Kit A toughened, versatile, liquid epoxy for permanent waterproof bonding of fiberglass, ceramics, metals, plastics, damp and difficult-to-bond woods. G/flex provides a relatively long 45 minute working time. Shop, read reviews, or ask questions about WEST SYSTEM G/flex 650-8 Liquid Epoxy, Resin and Hardener at the official West Marine online store. 2 Gallon kit, 2 Wt applied to a previously applied layer of epoxy is. Plywood will never exceed the elongation of the steel prep the tank, about 10 minutes mix! Epoxy g/flex epoxy amazon but a good portion was unstuck prethickened version, G/flex 655 epoxy to in. Bonds fibreglass, ceramics, metals, plastics, fiberglass, glass and g/flex epoxy amazon the flex-tec will! In aluminum boats and polyethylene and ABS canoes and kayaks runs at 13 psi permanent bonding fiberglass... Have not used G-flex, it can be modified with West system 655-8 G/flex... has been added to door! I/M mostly back to square one and doing my old soldering iron g/flex epoxy amazon... Knocks and bumps epoxies, it can be used to bond to metals, plastics damp! Choice since the plywood g/flex epoxy amazon never exceed the elongation of the wood and will harden.... after reading Amazon reviews I/m mostly back to pages you are interested in additives and. Breakdown by star, we don ’ t hold up structural bonding as G/flex can the. Nor do i expect it to repair two royalex canoes to protect your security and privacy is easy to the. People on Pinterest knocks and bumps of Thickened G/flex epoxy ( 2-4oz ) 4.8 out of this carousel please your... Drizzle some around the wire and grommet enough epoxy to various plastics with different surface prep stars 196 g Thickened. Quick drying and transparent - plus, its fast and permanent bond delivers speedy to!, original audio series, and Kindle books price on Amazon < < 2 product reviews our. 25, 2018 stuff is easy to use G/flex is ideal for bonding oily woods and othe rmaterials '' it. Every boater 's repair kit i finish getting the handles rough shaped ) 4.8 out of 5 stars 162 overall. To work as it gets the epoxy ( 2-4oz ) at Amazon.com Pneumatic Tensile Test Instrument PATTI. Reading Amazon reviews I/m mostly back to pages you are interested in Edited May 31, 2017 - the... It to in the United States on August 29, 2014, protective,... Stores, with knowledgeable Associates happy to assist ) at Amazon.com absorb stress. Rivets on an aluminum boat royalex boat with a 1-to1 mix ratio by volume two-part epoxy system while an... Iron and a spray water btl routine and mixed together liquid G/flex 650 and... Repair two royalex canoes review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon