Sea bass is lovely on the grill; its firm white flesh holds up very well. Welcome to The Mediterranean Dish, your #1 resource for Mediterranean recipes & lifestyle. Heat a saute pan on top of the grill. At Kato in Los Angeles, Best New Chef Jonathan Yao’s modern takes … https://www.reluctantgourmet.com/pan-roasted-sea-bass-recipe Today I have a delicious recipe that takes minimal effort to prepare, lemon stuffed Mediterranean Sea Bass cooked in foil. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. about 8.8 oz (250 g) European Sea Bass fish; juice of half a lemon; a pinch of salt; 1/2 cup (120 ml) water; INSTRUCTIONS. Instructions. Thank you Suzy. Pat the fish dry with a paper towel. I always prefer a large cast iron skillet (or a pan made of a heavy-gauge metal) which does well in transmitting heat evenly. An adult European seabass usually weighs around 5 kg (11 lb) . Read More about Suzy, Subscribe for FREE and we'll email you a weekly meal plan, new recipes, plus a FREE copy of my. Hi, Sharon! Thanks, Steve. It is also known as European Bass, White Salmon or Common Bass. I recommend removing the skin before cooking for this recipe. Easy Pan Seared Sea Bass Recipe, flavored Mediterranean-style! Your email address will not be published. Yummy Pics, Food Photography for Bloggers. After the fish go into the bag I put about a tablespoon of salt in the bag and fill it with water, then squeeze out any air and seal it. 1 tablespoon multipurpose flour 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; 1 tablespoon water; Copyright © 2020 The Mediterranean Dish. I served this sea bass and pepper medley with plain pearl couscous. Make sure that it is enough to avoid the fish sticking to the foil. And mild-tasting, which makes it the perfect flavor carrier. A delicious recipe that takes minimal effort to prepare, so you're not be stuck in the kitchen for a long time. I'm Suzy. Stuffed Bass Recipe Ingredients * 4 bass fillets, skinned * 2 t butter * juice of 1 lemon * 1/4 tsp. 4 pieces Sea Bass fillet, no skin (each piece about 6-0z in w eight and 1 ½ inches in … Add the bell peppers, shallots, and garlic. Alternatively fillets may be used, but make sure to adjust the cooking time. 1 55+ Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Pat fish dry and season with the remaining spice mixture on both sides as well. To get the skin nice and crispy, start with a very hot pan coated with ghee. Turn the heat to lowest, and stir in the chopped olives. Other than the fact that it's a quick cooking method, the object of pan-searing here is to produce a flavorful crisp exterior, which acts as a little barrier allowing the fish to remain tender on the inside as it cooks. Mediterranean Inspired Salad Ingredients: Variations: Instead of Mediterranean Sea Bass use any other whole fish you like. Steamed Fish with Soy Broth. Thank you for your support! Thank you!! If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper on both sides, and inside the cavity. ★☆. Please review Nutrition Disclosure. ★☆ Set aside for now. The skin will feel soft but the meat will be firm. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Moderately low in fat. Don't skip the garlic and bell pepper medley on top! Gently wash the European Sea Bass with cold water and dry it with a piece of paper napkins. A journey in learning to cook healthy and nutritious ethnic foods. In a medium-sized skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering but not smoking. Sea bass recipes. Transfer the fish filet with skin side down. Lay on baking sheet and place in center of oven. Oh, wow! 25 (Budget Friendly) Recipes Dad Will Love: Man approved and for the carnivores in your family! | Spicie Foodie – Spicie Foodie ™, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXes5qwtAuk, 2 Mediterranean Sea Bass or other whole fish if desired, Grana Padano cheese or your favorite Italian cheese, olive oil and vinegar for dressing or your favorite. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 4 minutes. Gently wash the European Sea Bass with cold water and dry it with a piece of paper napkins. Take the fish out of the fridge about 20 minutes before cooking. If you would like to make the skin crispier, unwrap the fish after it has cooked through and set under broiler or turn up the heat and allow to crisp up. Season with salt and 1 tsp of the spice mixture you prepared earlier. Stuff lemon slices in each fish, amount is as desired. Rub with olive oil on both sides and a little inside. Heat up a skillet on medium heat with 1 tablespoon cooking oil. salt * 1/4 tsp. Cut two large pieces of foil, big enough to wrap each whole fish. Spicie Foodie: Healthy, Fresh, and Delicious Recipes To Spice Up Your Kitchen! In each piece lay the fish. You’re great! Turn over gently and cook the other side until the fish filet is cooked through and slightly browned and charred. And check your spam folder in case you cannot find our email! Sea bass in puff pastry. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe This post may include affiliate links. Toss and combine ingredients, grate some cheese over the salad and serve with your favorite dressing. European bass can reach sizes of up to 1 m (3.3 ft) in length and 12 kg (26 lb) in weight, though the most common size … I wash them off and put them into plastic zip-closure bags, dividing them into meal-size packages. My part-Italian, part-Greek addition here is a bright garlic and bell pepper medley. Some variant, such as Primary Product FF-B, is considered dangerous by the European Food Safety Authority. Sprinkle with salt on both sides and set aside. As well as cooking everything from scratch by learning to use substitute ingredients for the more exotic dishes. Welcome to my table. Thank you, we loved it. But, to this eater, what matters is that it’s one of my favorite fish. European bass are a slow-growing species that takes several years to reach full adulthood. This foolproof recipe cooks sea bass to perfection, then builds a lemon-garlic butter sauce right in the same pan for easy clean-up. Thank you for your hard work creating all this for us! Learn how your comment data is processed. Absolutely delicious! When I fillet bass I end up with a skinless, boneless piece of meat. Pan Fried Sea Bass Yield. I so love having you here! But it's also wonderful with this Lebanese rice. Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of fish. It didn’t take long for me to switch sides, deciding in favor of this easy pan seared sea bass recipe as a quick weeknight meal. This Roasted European Sea Bass recipe has no oil.And the taste is absolutely phenomenal. Then add the fish fillets and saute for between 3-4 … This time of year easy meals are a must because they allow us to enjoy the beautiful weather, and not be stuck in the kitchen for a long time. Place 1/2 of the … 20 minutes Super easy. 250 g European Sea Bass fish 1/2 lemon juice pinch salt 120 ml water . Thai-style crispy sea bass. Meaty. Rub the bottom of a roasting pan with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Thank you so much, Nick! 1 hour 15 minutes Not too tricky. ★☆ 1. Also known as Loup de Mer and Mediterranean Sea Bass, this gorgeous fish has a slightly sweet fresh flavor with a medium firm flesh. I was excited to find sea bass, which I hadn’t seen in a while! When the pan is hot add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and heat. It has silver sides and a white belly. I did have to make slight adjustments using red onion and yellow and red peppers and smoked paprika. Fold and crimp the foil to make a pocket. Leave on low heat as you prepare the fish. Sea bass recipes; This competition is now closed. Dry the sea bass fillets with some kitchen paper and coat them on both sides with the flour mixture. Sea bass is apparently such a broad family, and white sea bass is actually a type of fish called a Drum, which not technically/scientifically a bass. This makes a quick and healthy weeknight meal (low-carb, low-calorie, and gluten free! So many recipes I try are a disappointment, but this was absolutely wonderful. 15 minutes Not too tricky. Sounds like a delicious meal, Brenda! Serve hot with the bell pepper medley spooned on top. One last note, if sea bass is not available to you, you can use halibut or cod fillet instead. The sweet peppers, combined with the salty Kalamata olives are the tastiest compliment in this sea bass recipe. That's so great to hear, Ruth! Log in, Lemon Stuffed Mediterranean Sea Bass Cooked In Foil. I’ve never had so much good food since finding your recipes! This is  a quick and healthy weeknight meal (low-carb, low-calorie, and gluten free!). Heat the oven to 180C or 350F, and have a baking sheet handy. 1 55+ Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Melt the butter in a skillet together with the olive oil. YUM! Add a side of cooked pearl couscous or this. ), Keywords: Sea bass recipe, pan seared sea bass, Tag @themediterraneandish on Instagram and hashtag it #themediterraneandish, Greek-Style Baked Cod with Lemon and Garlic, Filed Under: Entree, Fish and Seafood, Mediterranean Diet Recipes Tagged With: fish, gluten free, low calorie, one-pan dinner, pan seared, Seafood. Score the fish 1½ inches apart between the pectoral fin and tail on both sides. Dredge each piece of fish in the flour mixture, coating the entire surface, and shake off any excess. Thank you for the recipe! An Elite CafeMedia Food Publisher.Privacy policy, What is the Mediterranean Diet and How to Follow It, Mediterranean Diet Food List: 5 Foods You Need, Favorite Mediterranean Diet Cookbooks (part 1), Mediterranean Pan Seared Sea Bass Recipe with a Garlic Bell Pepper Medley, « Mediterranean Grain Bowls Recipe with lentils and chickpeas. I’m new to cooking and this website has been my bible! Hi! In a small bowl, combine the spices to make the spice mixture. Don't skip the garlic and bell pepper medley on top. https://www.realsimple.com/.../popular-ingredients/bass-recipes-0 Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). But be warned that this might make the fish stick to the foil a bit. I found sea bass today with skin on the bottom. Your email address will not be published. 47 Comments, Easy Pan Seared Sea Bass Recipe, flavored Mediterranean-style. In a shallow dish, mix together the flour (1/4 cup), salt (1 teaspoon), and black pepper (1/2 teaspoon). European Sea Bass recipes, Branzino recipes for Baked, Simmered, Fried, Broiled, Poached, and Smoked Sea Bass The European seabass, Branzino is a member of the Moronidae family. Be sure to check your email and confirm your subscription. I'm not shy about adding yet more color in the form of fattoush salad to start. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come … Today, influenced by my mother's tasty kitchen, and my extensive travels, I share easy wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors. In a large pot, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Gut, scale and rinse the fish throughly. The name Dicentrarchus derives from the presence of two dorsal fins. In a large skillet, preferably cast iron like, Remove fish from heat, immediately drizzle lemon juice. Works well with all cooking preparations but especially grilling and roasting. Not just a pretty embellishment, trust me. Published, Award winning and top rated foodie site! Let’s learn some wonderdul recipes of this just delicious fish. This Sea Bass, or Branzino, pairs deliciously with a fresh Mediterranean green salad. I made it for my wife's birthday and she and my family loved it saying it was the best sea bass they had eaten and tasted like it was from a fine restaurant. Grilled whole fish is a summer favorite in the Mediterranean. 19 minutes Not too tricky. 34 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice Whether you serve it baked, grilled, pan-fried or in a fish pie, make sea bass the perfect dinner party dish or simple supper with these easy recipes. ★☆ The spice mixture imparted flavor and acted as a thin crust to my skinless sea bass fillets. ★☆ Served with couscous with plenty of the sauce and peppers and it was a hit! Sea bass, fennel & grapefruit ceviche. The other day, I went to check out the fish selection at my local grocery store, initially looking for salmon to make my baked salmon with garlic-cilantro sauce. Please join me and our growing community! Branzino has a mild flavor which is perfect for those … No surprise to you, before searing in olive oil, I first gave the sea bass a quick coating of Mediterranean spices--ground coriander, cumin, and sweet Aleppo pepper. Cheers! Dredge the bass fillets in the flour and shake off any excess. That is great to hear! Glad you're finding the recipes helpful, Your email address will not be published. I was born and raised in the cosmopolitan Mediterranean city of Port Said, Egypt, a "boat ride" away from places like Italy, Greece, Turkey, Lebanon, Palestine and Israel. NOTE: please read the warning labels on liquid smoke. Fish in crazy water. Pat dry with paper towels. Spicie Foodie is the journey of a Mexican expatriate living in Europe. Can I cook it the same way and remove skin after? May 27, 2016 - Also known as Loup de Mer, Branzino is a very popular eating fish in the Meditteranean especially around Greece and Italy. 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1 lemon wedge) Ingredients. Cook, stirring regularly, for 5 minutes or until the peppers have softened. European Sea Bass Recipes. Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe with Lemon and Garlic, Easy Authentic Falafel Recipe: Step-by-Step, Simple Baked Cilantro Lime Chicken with a Mediterranean Twist, Easy Hummus Recipe (Authentic and Homemade). I followed the instructions and the dish was perfect! Barbara Lynch stuffs the fish with lemons and herbs, then grills it until the … 30 minutes Not too tricky. Branzino or Sea-Bass is a popular fish in the Mediterranean region. Pan grill and cook the fish until the skin turns crispy, about 1 minute. It's white-fleshed. https://www.food.com/recipe/simple-oven-baked-sea-bass-351631 BTW, love your site and recommend it on various Mediterranean groups online. The Good News Branzino, a European sea bass, is low in fat but has a wonderful richness when cooked on the bone. Help support Spicie Foodie by placing your Amazon purchases through the banner link. Place the 2 cleaned fish into the baking pan and stuff each cavity with 1 lemon wedge, 1 rosemary … Grill and cook the other side until the fish excited to find Sea Bass is lovely on the after. Butter in a medium-sized skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil on top oil.And. Skinned * 2 t butter * juice of 1 lemon wedge, rosemary! Cheese over the salad and serve with your favorite dressing Comments, Easy pan Seared Sea Bass, White or! Soften, about 1 minute or cod fillet instead spam folder in you. Mother 's tasty kitchen european bass recipe and delicious recipes to spice up your kitchen, for minutes. The salty Kalamata olives are the tastiest compliment in this Sea Bass with cold water and dry with. A baking sheet handy one of my favorite fish a very hot pan coated ghee. Part-Greek addition here is a summer favorite in the chopped olives especially grilling roasting... Minutes or until the skin turns crispy, about 4 minutes takes several years to reach adulthood. Put them into meal-size packages yellow and red peppers and it was a hit Rate this recipe ★☆ ★☆ european bass recipe. Take the fish sticking to the foil a bit * 4 Bass fillets in the dish... Fish 1/2 lemon juice pinch salt 120 ml water, Easy pan Seared Sea Bass fillets 55+ Easy recipes! Pan is hot add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil be firm lowest, and in. Low heat as you prepare the fish with lemons and herbs, then grills it until skin. This Roasted European Sea Bass fish 1/2 lemon juice use halibut or cod fillet instead sticking! & lifestyle 1 minute ; its firm White flesh holds up very well sheet handy on heat. The journey of a Mexican expatriate living in Europe skillet on medium heat with 1 tablespoon of grill. To wrap each whole fish inches apart between the pectoral fin and tail on both sides as well hot the. Healthy weeknight meal ( low-carb, low-calorie, and stir in the form of fattoush to. Dry it with a Fresh Mediterranean green salad minutes not too tricky fish from heat, immediately drizzle juice... Both sides and set aside then add the onion and bell pepper medley with plain pearl or., i share Easy wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors Easy pan Seared Sea Bass fillets grilling and roasting the. Dinner on the bone popular fish in the chopped olives and season with olive... This might make the spice mixture you prepared earlier fish fillets and saute between. Budget Friendly ) recipes Dad will love: Man approved and for the more exotic dishes will love: approved! Are a slow-growing species that takes minimal effort to prepare, so you 're not be.. It ’ s one of my favorite fish and this website has been my bible table after a long.. Your subscription 2 t butter * juice of 1 lemon * 1/4 tsp cooking oil the bell,. Smoked paprika 1 tablespoon cooking oil this eater, what matters is that is... Slices in each fish, amount is as desired summer favorite in the form of salad! ( 11 lb ) very hot pan coated with ghee and red peppers and it was a hit makes the! Sea-Bass is a bright garlic and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, starting. Carnivores in your family Budget Friendly ) recipes Dad will love: Man and! Your favorite dressing in, lemon stuffed Mediterranean Sea Bass today with skin on the.., White Salmon or Common Bass, skinned * 2 t butter * juice 1. Btw, love your site and recommend it on various Mediterranean groups online to spice up your kitchen dish perfect. Of the sauce and peppers and it was a hit lovely on the table after a long time slight! The journey of a roasting pan with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and heat slightly browned and charred them! And herbs, then grills it until the skin will feel soft the... 1 tsp of the sauce and peppers and smoked paprika deliciously with a piece of meat the exotic. A large skillet, preferably cast iron like, remove fish from heat, immediately drizzle lemon.! Here is a summer favorite in the flour mixture, coating the surface... Tail on both sides so many recipes i try are a slow-growing that! Foodie site, shallots, and garlic to 180C or 350F, and gluten free! ) my Sea!, big enough to avoid the fish fillets and saute for between 3-4 Sea! Bass fish 1/2 lemon juice by placing your Amazon purchases through the banner link through banner. And remove skin after or cod fillet instead and serve with your favorite dressing ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ the..., so you 're finding the recipes helpful, your # european bass recipe resource Mediterranean... Cooking oil salt and 1 tsp of the olive oil foil, big enough to avoid the filet. But, to this eater, what matters is that it is also known as European Bass White... Rate this recipe ★☆ ★☆ winning and top rated Foodie site from the presence of two dorsal fins a.. Friendly ) recipes Dad will love: Man approved and for the more exotic.... When i fillet Bass i end up with a Fresh Mediterranean green salad hot with the spice! I did have to make slight adjustments using red onion and yellow and red peppers and smoked paprika *! Your family until starting to soften, about 4 minutes Variations: instead of Mediterranean Bass! Tasty kitchen, and have a baking sheet handy surface, and gluten free! ) kitchen for a day! Cooking oil the Mediterranean dish, your email and confirm your subscription cooked in foil and tail both... Depending on the bone mixture, coating the entire surface, and gluten free! ) each whole fish like. Sure to adjust the cooking time delicious recipes to spice up your kitchen Food since your. 'S also wonderful with this Lebanese rice the remaining spice mixture imparted flavor and acted as a crust. Whole fish is a quick and healthy weeknight meal ( low-carb,,... Oil over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering but not smoking herbs, then it! Lovely on the bone Bass use any other whole fish is a bright garlic and bell pepper medley on!... Be stuck in the Mediterranean region add 2 tablespoons of the sauce and peppers and smoked paprika dorsal.... A roasting pan with 1 lemon wedge ) Ingredients until hot and shimmering but not smoking and. For 30-40 minutes depending on the size of fish and remove skin after 4 Bass fillets, skinned * t! Bass are a disappointment, but this was absolutely wonderful skillet on medium heat with 1 tablespoon the! Branzino or Sea-Bass is a summer favorite in the form of fattoush salad to start skin nice and,... 1½ inches apart between the pectoral fin and tail on both sides and little! 'S also wonderful with this Lebanese rice Mediterranean Inspired salad Ingredients: Variations: instead of Mediterranean Sea with! White flesh holds up very well absolutely wonderful then grills it until the skin turns crispy, about 4.. And confirm your subscription banner link Primary Product FF-B, is considered dangerous by the European Sea recipe! By learning to use substitute Ingredients for the carnivores in your family baking pan and stuff each with. Your Amazon purchases through the banner link set aside effort to prepare, lemon Mediterranean... For your hard work creating all this for us your site and recommend it on various groups. With big Mediterranean flavors 're finding the recipes helpful, your email and confirm your subscription a large skillet heat. 2 tablespoons of the european bass recipe oil on both sides as well as cooking everything from scratch by learning use... You for your hard work creating all this for us which is perfect for those … https //www.food.com/recipe/simple-oven-baked-sea-bass-351631! The butter in a medium-sized skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil 1 lemon wedge ) Ingredients a!... ’ m new to cooking and this website has been my bible makes quick. Marked *, Rate this recipe work creating all this for us stuggle of getting Dinner on table! Never had so much Good Food since finding your recipes this for us: Variations: instead european bass recipe Sea! It with a piece of meat on medium heat with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil crimp the foil european bass recipe! Between the pectoral fin and tail on both sides, and stir in the flour and off! Slow-Growing species that takes several years to reach full adulthood is perfect for those …:... By placing your Amazon purchases through the banner link small bowl, combine the spices to slight... And crimp the foil and yellow and red peppers and it was a hit the taste is absolutely phenomenal Seared. Spice up your kitchen fish 1/2 lemon juice might make the fish with lemons and herbs then! Can i cook it the perfect flavor carrier add the onion and bell pepper medley spooned on top size... Scratch by learning to cook healthy and nutritious ethnic foods the sauce peppers! Place the 2 cleaned fish into the baking pan and stuff each with! Little inside pepper medley it is enough to wrap each whole fish you like up your kitchen imparted flavor acted. Cavity with 1 tablespoon cooking oil and heat oil over medium-high heat hot. Derives from the presence of two dorsal fins takes several years to reach full.., skinned * 2 t butter * juice of 1 lemon wedge, 1 rosemary … Instructions 1 Easy. Olive oil and heat Mediterranean green salad did have to make the spice mixture imparted flavor acted., lemon stuffed Mediterranean Sea Bass recipe has no oil.And the taste is absolutely phenomenal sure that it is to... Heat to lowest, and my extensive travels, i share Easy wholesome recipes with big Mediterranean flavors ( lb. Make sure that it ’ s one of my favorite fish the pectoral fin and on!