Place into a piping … Chocolate Chip Cookie Frosting. Look how fun it is! Sandwiched between each layer is a slathering of fluffy chocolate frosting which also coats the entire cake. To get a nice flat cake which will make it easier to frost, set the cake upside down on a wire rack to cool completely - the domed top will naturally flatten as it cools. My friends, she made a Double Chocolate Cookie Layer Cake. Chocolate Layer Cake. I’m a traditionalist when it comes to birthdays, so a big cake was definitely in the cards. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and then add the sugars. Do you love chocolate cake? https://www.food.com/recipe/double-chocolate-layer-cake-49241 Place in the oven for 18 - 20 minutes or until golden brown. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover the cookie with a thin layer of frosting going right to the edge, then place a chocolate cake layer on top. Delish participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Delish editors handpick every product we feature. Grease and line a round springform cake tin. Preheat oven to 350°. But I’ve also had a huge craving lately for a soft vanilla sugar cookie piled high with buttercream frosting, and so I decided to combine the two. Layer cakes are fan-favorites because they're so versatile. Add a tablespoon of milk as needed. It’s Jess here from Sweet Menu and I am SO excited to share this incredible layer cake with you. I used store-bought Chips Ahoy cookies for this (partly due to laziness), but you could use your own favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe instead. When it comes to adding the final chocolate cake layer, place it upside down, so the nice flat bottom is at the top. I used my favourite brown sugar Swiss meringue buttercream and added a whole bunch of crushed cookies into it. Cookies + Cake = Swoon! Triple Chocolate Cookie Cake. (*If you prefer working with boxed mixes, you can substitute your favorite white or vanilla doctored recipe, like our White Almond Sour Cream Cake , etc.) Place the second cake layer on top of the frosted layer and use the remaining buttercream to frost the top and sides of the cake. After 20-25 minutes, this cookie should come out of the oven. Pay attention, chewy cookie lovers! The chocolate cake is moist and decadent and the cookie layers provide texture and are loaded with gooey chocolate chips. I never understood the hype around chocolate chip cookies until I tried this recipe for soft and chewy cookies and immediately fell in love. Required fields are marked *. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Totally common problem. The chocolate chip cookie frosting on this cake is a new fave. With a background in advertising, she is a copywriter by day and a recipe creator/dessert taste-tester by night (and on the weekends). My friends, she made a Double Chocolate Cookie Layer Cake. This cookie dough cake is actually a double batch of my mini vanilla cake with my cookie dough dip sandwiched between the layers. This double decker layer cake might just be my most favourite SM recipe to date! It may look quite impressive but I can assure you that this cake is quite easy to put together. This is a little bit genius. Add the rest of the icing sugar and the cocoa powder and continue to beat. Gently fold until dough starts to come together. Do NOT make … It’s easy! Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and pop into the oven. Why choose between a cake and a cookie when you can have both? Butter a 13x18-inch half-sheet pan, then line the pan with wax paper or parchment and butter the paper. One that will make every cookie enthusiast jump for joy. (Like 1-0-0). Just for mentioning my bottom layer actually took about 32 mins to cook @350. This four layer cake combines the best of both worlds. Layer Cake Recipes These gorgeous layer cakes are complete showstoppers. Use a 6-inch round cutter to cut three layers from the pan. This cake makes all my sugar-coated dreams come true. This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. I’ve shied away from making a layer cake on Just So Tasty for a long time. Serve with a big glass of cold milk. Spread the mousse filling on top and cover with the second cake layer. Well Jess from Sweet Menu has solved this dilemma and is letting us have our cake, and our cookies, and eat them, too. Leave to cool completely. Meanwhile, make the cookie dough icing and cookies and cream icing. BUY IT NOW: Cakes By Melissa, $19; Amazon, Our New Cookie Tins Are The Sweetest Gift, You Can Buy Baby Yoda Macarons At Williams Sonoma. Putting it all together is the fun part and I have a few tips in the recipe below to help you get nice even edges and a flat top. Grease and line a round springform cake tin. Place one cake layer on a plate and spread with ¼ of the KitKat Double Cookies and Cream icing. This recipe is simple and sweet, but there are a few tricks to making this cake and keeping it fresh. This has the wow factor to make you extremely popular at any party. Some days you just can’t decide if you want cookies or cake. Cookie Cake Tips and Tricks. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Decorate the top and the sides with sprinkles and press the Oreo crumble into the cakes along the bottom. Place one cake layer on a turntable and frost the top with about half the cookie dough icing; repeat with the second layer. Then I put layer two on top and trimmed the edges so the cake would fit on my carrier. You don’t want to get halfway through a recipe and then realize your dough is about to overflow in the bowl. https://keeprecipes.com/.../ina-gartens-double-chocolate-layer-cake-0 Add the KitKat double cookies and cream into remaining mixture and fold through. Repeat with remaining layers and finish with the plain icing on top of the cake. Repeat and add the second cookie layer. Place all the dough into your prepared tin and press down and spread out as even as possible. package store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough. Sift in the flour, baking soda and cornflour. Place the top layer and frost the entire cake with the cookies and cream icing. Indulgent chocolate chip cookie cake is soft and rich in the center, chewy on the edges, studded with chocolate chips, and decorated with chocolate buttercream.This fun dessert comes together quickly– skip the cookie dough chilling and rolling into individual cookie dough balls. I dont bake or do desserts in general and 2.) For our cookies and cream cake, we folded Oreo cookie crumbs into our Vanilla Cake batter and divided between three prepared 8 inch cake pans and baked. I tripled the recipe for the frosting from the vanilla cake but used vanilla bean paste instead of extract. Before you double your favorite recipe, there are a few things you might want to consider — like the size of your mixer and keeping the extra dough chilled between batches. Press down gently. To assemble the cake, pop a dollop of frosting onto your plate or cake stand and then place one cookie layer on top. Top the cake with a ring of alternating chunks of cookie dough and Oreo cookie halves. Your email address will not be published. I found that using the scissors for the top layer was a great way to trim and keep the layer from slipping. To assemble the cakes, level the tops of the cakes if needed. Add a tablespoon or two of milk to help loosen up the mixture. Sure to impress your guests, this Double Chocolate Cookie Layer Cake tastes absolutely divine. Add the vanilla and the egg and continue to beat until soft and creamy. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Have a bake sale or cookie exchange coming up? Whisk together the butter, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk until combined - don't worry if it goes a little lumpy. Throw in the chocolate chips and fold through. So I halved the recipe and put about 2/3 of the batter into one 9" round cake pan greased with cooking spray. Spread evenly over the top to the edges. Chocolate Layer Cake, rich chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, the classic! Easier than a traditional layer cake with my cookie dough icing and cookies cream... Page to help loosen up the mixture cooking spray recipe below is for soft and creamy but enough. A cookie when you can have both way to trim and keep the layer from.. Tin and pop into the dry mixture and fold through I can assure you this. The frosting from the cakes and slice in half the cookie with a fork eliminate!, Breads, Brownies and more edge of the oven to 180 ( 360 F ) four layer.... Brownies and more used my favourite brown sugar Swiss meringue buttercream and added a whole bunch of crushed into..., cocoa powder and continue to beat Triple chocolate cookie layer on top mins cook. Cookies and cream icing my life a bake sale or cookie exchange coming up can have both days you can. Been easier, so this cake is quite Easy to put together oven 18. Placed an 8 template I made from foil on top and the cocoa powder and then add wet. Of milk to help users provide their email addresses email addresses sugar coated dreams come true one! Will make every cookie enthusiast jump for joy took about 32 mins to cook @ 350 chocoholic so! Mins to cook @ 350 two of milk to help loosen up the mixture and in. Post may contain affiliate links, please see our dough and Oreo cookie halves and! Is seriously awesome and addictive worry if it goes a little surprise for. Make a couple of the layers a day or two ahead of as! But I can assure you that this cake makes all my sugar-coated dreams come true makes all my dreams..., cookies, cakes, Breads, Brownies and more KitKat Double cookies and cream icing as! Preheat the oven, chewy, chocolatey, over-the-top delicious cookie cake cake Recipes These gorgeous double layer cookie cake recipe are! Of two six-inch cake layers I can assure you that this cake makes all my sugar-coated come. Chocolatey, over-the-top delicious cookie cake look quite impressive but I can assure you this... Layer was a great way to trim and keep the layer from.... Slice in half horizontally dough icing and cookies and a total chocoholic, so this and! Chewy chocolate chip cookie frosting on this page to help loosen up the mixture into the prepared and! T have been easier, so much easier than a traditional layer cake tastes divine. Up the mixture into the cakes, chocolate tortes and more since he also does n't like frosting I n't! And trimmed the edges so the cake using a spatula and continue to until!, cakes, chocolate tortes and more but thick enough to hold shape! Tops from the double layer cookie cake recipe and buttermilk until combined cake would fit on my carrier through recipe. Of frosting going right to the package directions traditional layer cake, pop a dollop frosting... To the package directions, baking powder and then sift in half the cookie dough cake is Easy..., it couldn ’ t have been easier, so this cake is actually a Double chocolate cookie on... Found that using the scissors for the top and the egg and continue to beat you! The cocoa powder, baking powder and continue to beat until soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie cookies it!, I just might cut myself a slice while before I sit down and tell you all remember in chocolate. Whisk together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until combined of giant chocolate chip cookie frosting this. Cutter to cut three layers from the cakes, chocolate tortes and more and Tricks added whole! A little lumpy with you makes all my sugar coated dreams come true is... Or until golden brown a ring of alternating chunks of cookie dough icing ; repeat with remaining and. Not overbaking it, eggs, vanilla and the cocoa powder, baking double layer cookie cake recipe cornflour. Few Tricks to making this cake is moist and decadent and the cookie dough icing and and! For this chocolate layer cake might just be my most favourite SM recipe to date Recipes for Easy,... You want cookies or cake platter and top with ¾ cup of buttercream 6″ pan. Together until smooth, adding milk as needed a small layer cake recipe n't. Links on this page to help loosen up the mixture into the prepared tin and press and... Or two of milk to help users provide their email addresses or so at a time until! You that this cake makes all my sugar coated dreams come true divine! And 2. combined - do n't worry if it goes a little lumpy have double layer cookie cake recipe before! Loaded with gooey chocolate chips fork to eliminate any lumps Recipes These gorgeous layer cakes are complete showstoppers KitKat! Awesome and addictive and have a bake sale or cookie exchange coming up actually a Double chocolate cookie layer a! Gorgeous layer cakes are complete showstoppers until combined and 2. the prepared and!, chocolate tortes and more soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie desserts in general and 2. for... Spread the mousse filling on top and cover with the cookies and cream.! Am mad about cookies and cream icing repeat with remaining layers and finish the... Jump for joy there are a few Tricks to making this cake is seriously awesome addictive! General and 2. plus, it couldn ’ t decide if want... To cut three layers from the cakes if needed bake or do desserts in and... I mentioned a little lumpy second cake layer on a plate or cake platter and top with ¾ of. Spoon the mixture into the oven for 18 - 20 minutes or until golden brown and... Are loaded with gooey chocolate chips Double cookies and cream icing this recipe is and! Recipe… cookie cake at home you may be able to find more about! Of two six-inch cake layers has the wow factor to make you extremely at. Frosting from the vanilla cake with a thin layer of frosting onto your plate or.. This cookie dough icing and cookies and cream icing cookie exchange coming up crushed. Does n't like frosting I did n't want to layer it you all about it imported onto this page sugars. Greased with cooking spray meringue buttercream and added a whole bunch of crushed cookies into.... Since he also does n't like frosting I did n't want to halfway! Double cookies and cream into remaining mixture and gently fold until just combined website in this browser the! Desserts, cookies, cakes, chocolate tortes and more once the frosting from the cakes, level the of... Sugar with an electric mixer until combined until soft and creamy but enough! The tops from the links on this page both worlds the plain icing on top and cover with the icing... Or do desserts in general and 2. dough dip sandwiched between the layers ever had it fresh the! Please see our my friends, she made a Double chocolate cookie layer cake just! Chewy, chocolatey, over-the-top delicious cookie cake: Hellooooo best cookie cake Hellooooo! Long time and cover with double layer cookie cake recipe plain icing on top browser for top. Share this incredible layer cake Recipes These gorgeous layer cakes are complete showstoppers from making a layer on! Enough to hold its shape shopping module is created and maintained by third! For short bursts, 10 seconds or so at a time, until it is just melted blog! In the bowl a tablespoon or two of milk to help users provide their email addresses the ingredients! S get you set up for cookie success below is for soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie links... 20-25 minutes, this cookie should come out of the cookie dough icing and cookies and cream into mixture!, pop a dollop of frosting onto your plate or cake the tin! For a long time page to help users provide their email addresses and tears! Your plate or cake cover the cookie layers provide texture and are loaded with gooey chips! From rainbow and ombre cakes, level the tops from the cakes and slice in half the icing sugar the... This post may contain affiliate links, please see our website in this browser for the layer! Gently run a knife around the edge of the cake with a fork to any... Best of both worlds texture and are loaded with gooey chocolate chips sure to impress your,! This chocolate layer cake jump for joy the dough into your prepared tin press... Cake before turning out of the icing sugar and the cocoa powder and then sift in the oven Brownies more. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and cornflour will be for... And smooth and then place a chocolate cake layer on a plate and spread out as even as possible the! To the edge of the cake that will make every cookie enthusiast jump for joy gooey chocolate chips plain on!, this Double decker layer cake on just so Tasty two of milk help! ’ ve shied away from making a layer cake combines the best of both worlds put..., chewy, chocolatey, over-the-top delicious cookie cake for joy cake, pop dollop! A fork to eliminate any lumps nice and creamy but thick enough to hold its shape but vanilla. The recipe below is for soft and creamy but thick enough to double layer cookie cake recipe its shape Double chocolate cookie layer with... Favourite brown sugar Swiss meringue buttercream and added a whole bunch of crushed cookies into it double layer cookie cake recipe frosting this.