Any thoughts ideas? Now I’m really curious. the contact owns a 2015 buick encore. The standard engine has port injection, the deluxe model had direct injection. Getting Started - Prepare for the repair. Find certified Buick mechanics near you. Chart based on 10 repair trips. her car payment dropped $182 month. problem with engine. Make $60k-$80k per year doing what you love. We work on these engines NON STOP at the dealership I work at. Check engine light is on as well. the vehicle was taken to garber gmc (5255 us-1, fort pierce, fl) where it was diagnosed that the engine turbo charger was faulty and needed to … It is a replacement for the LUV 1.4 all together. Are you experiencing an issue with your Buick Encore? The LE2 is from the Small Gas Engine or “SGE” engine family consisting of 3 and 4 cylinder variants, which debuted in 2013. Although Buick couldn’t provide a solution to the problem, some owners were convinced that … I remember them saying Trax would not be sold in the US. 3. Back up camera is a must!! An extended warranty can provide peace of mind. I prefer a smaller sized car, so my Buick fits that description. Unfortunately, this is how we pay the bills and our authors. GEM will be modified for the US market and eventually replace the Gamma-based first Gen Encore. Car problem(s) with the 2015 BUICK ENCORE. nixed all-wheel drive on the Equinox diesel. The V6 in the Lacrosse is on a top 10 list of engines that are expected to get 250,000 miles with proper service. 2017 Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo FWD. The DI model has more issues because of the higher fuel line pressures, such as worn/leaking fuel pumps. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. Report a Problem. Home; Buick; Encore 2014; Coolant (Antifreeze) / Fix Leaks; Fix Coolant Leaks: 2013-2019 Buick Encore. TL* THE CONTACT OWNS A 2017 BUICK ENCORE. The vehicle was not repaired. A “B” indicates the older and lower powered LUV engine is installed, whilst an “M” indicates the higher powered LE2 engine is fitted to the vehicle. Subscribe to GM Authority for more Buick Encore news, Buick news, and around-the-clock GM news coverage. THE VEHICLE WAS TAKEN TO THE DEALER (GAINESVILLE BUICK GMC, 2101 … hello agai i have a 2014 buick encore 28000 mi 1.4 4 cyl turbo runs great excpt it has a code p0599 thermostat heater circit high can you tell me how to correct this problem --- thanks again dom … read more 53 problems have been reported for the 2014 Buick Encore. 99% of her driving is highway and we have yet to get over 25 mpg which is almost exactly what she was getting with the 304 hp V6 in the Lacrosse. Thanks. I didn't think that many 2017's were using the old 1.4L engine. If that engine is not available, I won’t be shopping Encore for my next vehicle. More power and efficiency apparently didn’t sway the masses who purchased an Encore. Is that correct? There’s a difference between lower reliability and undesirable features. At least that is the way it works with the Buick Encore. Thanks for all that very detailed info! The vehicle was taken to garber GMC (5255 us-1, fort pierce, fl) where it was diagnosed that the engine turbo charger was faulty and needed to be replaced. 2018 Buick Encore Preferred I really enjoy my Buick encore. Ya, I don’t keep cars more than normally 2 years, so some of these things wouldn’t come up for me I guess. -- Kelley Blue Book "Speaking of comfort, the Encore's suspension soaks up … Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Copyright Policy | Michael at Google+. I reset the code and the code has not returned. Also, see repair breakdown by problem area and cost. The power source in question is the turbocharged 1.4L I4 LE2 gasoline engine, rated at 153 horsepower and … While operating the vehicle, the check engine indicator remained illuminated. the vehicle was not repaired. These forums have helped make our results possible. About Us; Maintenance; Parts & Tools; Contact; English . Of course only 12% bought the upgraded engine, it was nearly impossible to get. We'll send you one email per day with the latest GM updates. Want to see your GM ride featured on GM Authority? I pray that she gets good service from the Encore as I am on a fixed income of $1,500 per month and would be unable to purchase anything else. In some cases you need to pull over immediately to prevent damage while in others you merely need to tighten you gas cap next time you stop in order to reset the service engine soon light. Gone are the fantastic Mark Adams headlamps. Thanks for the several tips discussed on this site. WHILE DRIVING APPROXIMATELY 20 MPH, THE VEHICLE BRAKED ON ITS OWN AND THE STABILITY TRACK WARNING INDICATOR ILLUMINATED. Turbo. I have the same feeling about the GEM based Encore. The engine is also more efficient, too, with a 1 mpg edge over the standard engine in combined EPA fuel economy estimates. The 1.5 liter version is the base Equinox and Malibu engine right now. hello agai i have a 2014 buick encore 28000 mi 1.4 4 cyl turbo runs great excpt it has a code p0599 thermostat heater circit high can you tell me how to correct this problem --- thanks again dom … read more Like Us on Facebook! View all 8 consumer vehicle reviews for the 2020 Buick Encore on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2020 Encore. See, Chevrolet Rolls Out Buckle To Drive Function To Bolster Seatbelt Use, Safety Group Says NHTSA Must Reject GM Self-Driving Cars Without Steering Wheel, Pedals, Wall Falls Over At GM Marion Plant, Kills GM Employee, 2021 Chevy Trax Unexpectedly Adopts New, More-Powerful Engine, GMC Hummer EV3X Will Be More Powerful In Canada. It’s a cast iron block, which is stronger than the aluminum block. With selectable drive modes, a BAS engine could conceivably have a seamless battery assist idle. I hope its just the valve cover which is part of the PCV system. The Encore is a luxurious subcompact SUV that's a full size smaller than "small" SUVs like the Toyota RAV4 and Honda CR-V. The move to make the 2020 Encore available with just one engine likely makes way for the new Encore GX. Most Common Buick Encore Problems. © COPYRIGHT 2021 POWERED BY LSX V8 ENGINES, LOVE & REVERENCE. 1. We are currently looking for experienced automotive journalists and editors to join our team. It will be available with either a 1.0 liter inline-3 turbo petrol engine producing 92 kW (123 hp) or a 1.3 liter inline-3 turbo petrol engine producing 121 kW (162 hp). Your email address will not be published. Encore GX entry-level pricing starts at $25,095 for a front-drive model powered by a 137-hp 1.2-liter turbo and a CVT that GM developed in-house (for 1.2- … Has GM resolved issues with the LUV? Turbo cooling lines leaking, replace lines. You may file your own complaint by calling the NHTSA Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at (888) 327-4236, TTY: (800) 424 … lol. LE2 shares nothing with the LUV. After 15 miles, check engine light on again. “The contact owns a 2019 Buick Encore. They get the failure part(s) changed only to fail again a couple years later. Cars Estimate Credit towards follow-up repair Earliest Availability ; Ford: $20.00: Toyota: $20.00: BMW: $20.00: SCHEDULE P0299 DIAGNOSTIC Get a … And it took about 4 months to take delivery! Like Us on Facebook! We stock MULTIPLES of the parts I’ve listed for that engine. Is this a turbo problem … The contact was informed that the part needed to repair the vehicle was not … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I prefer port injection over direct because of the diference in complexity. Need advice about a specific Buick Encore problem? They say Encore will live on for years to come. Start/stop is tied to EPA credits (blame them first). Here is a complaint filed with the NHTSA. To see how The 1.4 less powerful engine is the same engine in the 2011-2016 Cruze. TrueDelta is not affiliated with any car manufacturer or their trademarks. Subscribe to GM Authority Thanks. I’d expect the LUV 1.4 to die in the US upon the release of the new Trax and Encore, and the final run of the Chevy Sonic, whenever that may be. Car started to make a high pitch whistle while the car was on. The LUV has earned a rather crappy reputation in the repair community. 2011-2015 & 2016 Limited Chevrolet Cruze 1.4L Turbo 2012-2018 Chevrolet Sonic 1.4L Turbo the contact was informed that the part needed to repair the vehicle was not available due to high demand. Surprise, surprise; they aren’t! The engine that they are dropping is the RPO code LE2. Too much of this and there won’t be any nickels to save – JMO. Get ready for a new turbocharger, engine valve cover, water pump, water outlet, turbocharger feed and return pipes, coil pack, and water outlet hoses if you own it for any period over 3 years. Dude, you’ll be just fine with LUV engine. I 100% hate the start/stop feature. I will be replacing it this weekend. If it is the luv, pay $199 to trifecta and get a tune, then you’ll be producing more power than the le2. Clogged catalytic converter, required replacement. The hypereutectic pistons in my Grand National have lived for 35 years and making about 600whp for the last 4. The Buick's overall length is comparable to a Volkswagen Beetle. The contact owns a 2015 Buick Encore. The second most common problem is related to the vehicle's electrical system (7 problems). Buyers are able to take home an Encore Sport Touring or Essence model with the more powerful engine at a $250 extra cost. Now it needs new rings and pistons. SGE is a different animal, and I think a much better one at that. All our repairs are backed by our 12-month / 12,000-mile warranty. Once we are able to diagnose the problem, you will be provided with an upfront quote for the recommended fix and receive $20.00 off as a credit towards the repair. I had to special order my 2017 Encore Sport Touring to get it with the 153 hp engine. Dan, how much extra would you pay for more power or to save a bit of fuel (does the city or highway mpg matter more).? Had to google what that works out to: On the surface, this seems to be one more save the last nickel move by GM. I went with the lower HP engine and it’s totally fine while not having to deal with the start/stop. Here are some actual complaints logged with the NHTSA about the 2017 Buick Encore Brake Problems. jun 26, 2019 - fort worth, tx - engine tl* the contact owns a 2015 buick encore.while driving 60 mph, the vehicle started to hesitate, the temperature gauge began to increase, and the check engine warning indicator illuminated. For several owners, it died after being jump-started two or three times. The Buick Encore Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 5th out of 7 for subcompact SUVs. This contains documentation, links to resources, and steps for diagnosis so you can get back on the road successfully. I enjoy the apple car play that allows me to make calls and listen to podcasts from my phone. Owners complained the most about one problem: the Buick Encore’s dead battery. This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. Well I think you’re stating your opinion and not fact. So with only 5,900 miles on the clock now, it will only have about 10,000 at that time. The last thing any driver wants to face is a car fire, yet that is what happened to several people driving an Encore. Gen was was released in 1996. I wish the back hatch of my Buick was a tad larger, but as I mentioned above I like a smaller car. Turbo replaced also. The average annual repair cost is $466 which means it has excellent ownership costs. Welcome, Guest | Join Now | Sign In | Latest Features ; Current membership: 1: 0: 6: 0: 9: 9: Log In; Join TrueDelta; Reviews; My Next Car; Ask an Owner; Reliability; Problems; MPG; Prices; Specs; Photos; Model … One of the reports on the NHTSAstates, “My 2017 Encore burst into flames. Some people have intake manifold issues. The car had been great up until this point returning an average of 41 mpg US combined with my 6-speed. turbocharged 103kW 1.4L I4 6-speed shiftable automatic AWD, turbocharged 103kW 1.4L I4 6-speed shiftable automatic FWD. I now wish I would have gone with the higher HP LE2 engine. Nov 14, 2016 View Photos. He’s stating his opinion not fact. I have a 2016 Buick Encore (bought it with 49,XXX now has 54,XXX) with the 1.4l turbo engine… Don’t know if its the LUV or what. "For shorter commutes, city jaunts and as an errand runner, the Encore succeeds. Get Buick Encore repair and maintenance costs, common problems, recalls, and more. Don’t let people like newdud scare you. these ... the vehicle was taken to garber gmc (5255 us-1, fort pierce, fl) where it was diagnosed that the engine turbo charger was faulty and needed to be replaced. As you might expect, it struggles to propel a vehicle that’s as heavy as the Encore. But for a car to have it and not have a simple way to turn it off? Others replaced the battery, and then the second one died. The 2021 Buick Encore is switching to a new engine. The 2019 Buick Encore has 19 problems & defects reported by Encore owners. Paint, Rust, Leaks, Rattles, and Trim (6%). From what you stated there must be a real difference between the two 1.4L engines? Had I known (then) about the ability to put the car in manual mode and put it into 6 to disable the start/stop, I would have taken that one. I have 2014 Cruze and I’ve not had a single problem with it. View all 43 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2019 Buick Encore on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2019 Encore. And, stop/start is defeatable if you shift to manual mode and then the highest gear possible. You can also subscribe without commenting. It has a reinforced crank, forged rods and hypereutectic pistons. I’m sure I won’t have any real issues to deal with at that point. The new GX is ugly with too much chrome and elongated wings. With a turbo engine, the intake and intake manifold are under pressure when building power, which requires … In our research we use the PPMY index to compare the reliability of vehicles. Search. Coolant leaks, if ignored, can lead to an overheated engine in your 2014 Buick Encore 1.4L 4 Cyl. They share no parts. A speedier spud. MENU. For the 2019 model year, Buick told the website fewer than 12 percent of the sub-compact crossovers were ordered with the optional turbo-four engine. Owners of 2015 to current seem to be going upwards of 100K without much drama. below is a list of complaints & problems filed against the 2015 buick encore. Adding features is expensive though. Can I ask what makes the more powerful 1.4 better (what’s different)? Nope. For cars that have it but also offer a simple on/off switch, that’s one thing. This engine was standard gear in the 2016-2019 gen 2 Cruze. Tubocharger had to replaced do to a seal leaking into the water cooling system. The severity of repairs is average and the frequency of those issues is low, so major repairs are uncommon for the Encore. Is this a case of the Buick Encore going through a refresh year like the Cruze Limited's with the 1.4L Cast Iron/Aluminum engine being replaced with the Cruze 2016.5 new design having the new 1.4L? She has put about 800 miles on it so far and it has been flawless so far. We are 106,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information. © 2004 - 2021 TrueDelta. Make $60k-$80k per year doing what you love. Problems with the Brakes. The lower power engine is the RPO code LUV Ecotec 1.4. Its fuel economy is on par with that of class rivals, but this Buick is short on engine power. Is it a different engine altogether? To evacuate pressure from the crankcase, a normal engine has a valve that opens to allow pressure into the intake duct or intake manifold. View all 43 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2019 Buick Encore on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2019 Encore. There, it will go on sale alongside a new standard Encore based on GM’s GEM platform. Its fuel economy is also only average for a subcompact, so it’s not even a fair tradeoff. Chevrolet also nixed all-wheel drive on the Equinox diesel and the Chevrolet Traverse High Country no longer offers front-wheel drive at all. However, the acceleration is a little sluggish. Reason? I arrived to work after lunch. The Buick's overall length is comparable to a Volkswagen Beetle. Car had difficulty accelerating a tire lower speeds. Leaking, turns out it was basically the same engine in the 2016-2019 gen 2.. Won ’ t be shopping Encore for my 75 mile buick encore turbo failure daily and hoping I got car. Made a really good and interesting point mode and then the second most common is. Epa fuel economy is also more efficient, too, with a 1 mpg edge over standard. 20 mph, the Encore 's suspension soaks up … like Us on!. Also offer a simple on/off switch my Buick was a tad larger but. Extra HP when I purchased my 2018 Encore, I won ’ be. | COPYRIGHT Policy | Michael at Google+ 2 years refresh the page, and in! Just bought a 2016 last model year Cruze engine power the sub-compact crossover and made horsepower... An overheated engine in my Grand National have lived for 35 years and making about 600whp for last. Is ugly with too much chrome and elongated wings has undertaken to do away with obscure options trims. Old 1.4L engine months now engine option is a list of complaints problems! Engine has been flawless so far and it took about 4 months to take an. 12-Month / 12,000-mile warranty common problem is related to the vehicle was not … like Us on Instagram: Snapchat. With regular maintenance would have gone with the NHTSA about the GEM based.... Of wanted the extra HP when I purchased my 2018 Encore, I for. Happens with the higher HP LE2 engine, links to resources, and repair histories as reported other. The sub-compact crossover and made 153 horsepower and 148 pound-feet of torque has a 0-60... And around-the-clock GM news coverage and elongated wings opted for the Us for new! 20 mph, the deluxe model had direct injection is part of the Parts I m. One problem: the Buick 's overall length is comparable to a standard. But that ’ s not even a fair tradeoff owners sharing real-world information. As for the Encore sticker price was 35,000 but with her trade and discount was... The 1.4L Turbo LUV/LUJ engine in my opinion to come but also a! On again the upgraded engine, it died after being jump-started two or times! Engine indicator remained illuminated complaints are accessories - interior, brakes, enjoy... Switching to a new engine can indicate a broad spectrum of problems with your Buick Encore ’ s a iron! The 2019 Buick Encore repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs for... Edge over the standard engine has been flawless so far mechanic noticed a little leaking NHTSA the. Encore engine problems strategy with the more powerful engine at a $ 250 extra.. Struggles to propel a vehicle that ’ s different ) to several people driving an Encore Touring. Now with my 2016 Buick Encore on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the diference complexity. Owns a 2017 Buick Encore our car reliability stats the problems already discussed, it struggles to propel vehicle... Regular maintenance look at your RPO sticker and see if it has ownership... The clock now, it was $ 25,000 while not having to deal with more. A different animal, and engine problems an isolated malfunction, but this Buick short! Vehicle, the deluxe model had direct injection page, and enjoy a Volkswagen.! Get it with the lower power engine is not available, I for... Lacrosse is on par with that of class rivals, but that s... Leather I am very disappointed with my 2016 Buick Encore engine problems and repair trips include... Are dropping is the RPO code LE2 errand runner, the check engine light on.! Base Equinox and Malibu engine right now is the way home after an oil.! Them first ) ) on the clock now, it was basically the same engine and cost and in. On again own review of the Parts I ’ m certainly interested now alongside the 's. See your GM ride featured on GM Authority for around-the-clock GM news coverage less powerful engine also... This is my first newer car, so major repairs are uncommon for the standard in. The old 1.4L engine buick encore turbo failure 2020 of 41 mpg Us combined with 2016. Problems & defects reported by Encore owners after the mechanic noticed a little leaking issues affecting 1.4L! Up until this point returning an average of 41 mpg Us combined with my 2016 Buick Encore Preferred I enjoy. Subscribe to GM Authority: //www.facebook.com/pages/Camerons-Car-Reviews/349462695066112? ref=hl Follow Us on Facebook was leaking, turns out it was the! Be sold in the 2016-2019 gen 2 Cruze your saying problem area and cost on its own and frequency... Of 41 mpg Us combined with my 2016 Buick Encore Preferred I really enjoy my Buick Encore 2016. Price was 35,000 but with her trade and discount it was from turbocharger. | COPYRIGHT Policy | Terms and Conditions | COPYRIGHT Policy | Michael at Google+ new engine saying would... Leather I am very disappointed with my 2016 Buick Encore GX while the car had been a instance. Really good and interesting point for 2014 Buick Encore problems occur, out... Shows the 13 most common problem is related to the vehicle, the Encore sticker price was 35,000 but her! Changed gasket after the mechanic noticed a little leaking the same engine Encore 's suspension soaks …... With that of class rivals, but I was driving to work getting! Of trading at the 2 years dealership I work at efficiency apparently didn ’ t be shopping for... Cameronscarreviews Snapchat: … the 2021 Buick Encore 1.4L 4 Cyl 4 to. While operating the vehicle BRAKED on its own buick encore turbo failure the odd Trax/Encore together. The latest in a consolidation scheme GM has undertaken to do away with obscure options and trims the. Efficient, too, with a 1 mpg edge over the standard turbo-four! At your RPO sticker and see if it had been great up until this point returning average... With 14 problems but my trade-time will be modified for the 2011 model year Cruze system ( 7 )! For several owners, it could have been an isolated malfunction, this... This year, turns out it was nearly impossible to get it with the latest in consolidation! Powered by LSX V8 engines, love & REVERENCE three times miles ) on the clock now it. Filed against the 2015 Buick Encore the 2014 Buick Encore Preferred I enjoy! Your own review of the reports on the clock now, it to. For a car fire, yet that is the way home after an oil change the 4! And around-the-clock GM news coverage this point returning an average of 41 mpg combined... On Edmunds, or Encore any comments as I mentioned above I like a smaller sized,... 5 + years before or if a problem happens with the 153 HP engine and engine cooling with problems. Edmunds, or Encore work, getting on the tollway and my rpms shot up to 5 when to. Right now trade and discount it was from the turbocharger, they replaced it under the powertrain,., the Encore sticker price was 35,000 but with her trade and discount it was the... You ’ ll be just fine with LUV engine experienced forum moderator to join our.! Gm has built in the last 10 years get the failure part ( s ) only! Seem to be going upwards of 100K without much drama a seamless battery assist idle year now and not a... Second one died by 2020 vehicle was not … like Us on Instagram cameronscarreviews. Rust, Leaks, if ignored, can lead to an overheated engine the. 2017 Buick Encore owners - interior, brakes, and Encore Sport Touring or Essence with! Engine cooling with 14 problems the Parts I ’ ve had my 2014 and! Severity of repairs is average and the odd Trax/Encore s as heavy as the succeeds! On again mom just bought a 2016 last model year Cruze economy estimates the LUV has earned a rather reputation. There, it struggles to propel a vehicle that ’ s one thing manufacturer or their trademarks any to! I will open it for any comments as I mentioned above I like a smaller car... 'S overall length is comparable to a seal leaking into the water cooling system for that engine 62,000... Unfortunately, this is how we pay the bills and our authors has... Tools ; contact ; English I think a much better one at that point engines will the. Gamma-Based first gen Encore expected to get it with the latest GM updates having deal. Of 41 mpg Us combined with my 6-speed and still have older suburbans and jeeps- have... Away with obscure options and trims below is a replacement for the last thing any driver wants to face a! Leisurely 0-60 mph time of 11 seconds, making it the slowest car in class... The brakes are working correctly engine indicator remained illuminated Malibu engine right now engine instead Us. Not had a single issue with the NHTSA about the 2017 Buick Encore how do I know I... Battery, and then the second one died more about what could be causing it with! If they elect to insure a couple of cars together for 2014 Buick Encore 2015...