I added very little water because I needed a thick applesauce for these Cinnamon Apple Sauce Cookies… But I also spare a thought for those who fought to keep us free. In a mixer, cream together butter and both sugars. Prize-Winning Apple Spice Drop Cookies. With mixer running on Low, slowly ass the flour mixture until just combines. Stay tuned for a few fun ideas on decorating these spiced apple cut-out cookies as nice teacher gifts. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. nutmeg 2 apples, peeled, cored and shredded 3/4 c. raisins 3/4 c. chopped walnuts. Something went wrong while submitting the form. Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. A regular weekend has just flown by. Mix flour, baking soda, spices and oats. Easy Cinnamon Cookies. HOW TO MAKE APPLE BUTTER SUGAR COOKIES. In a mixer, cream together butter and both sugars. Glaze will be runny. Samantha Seneviratne effortlessly displays her artistic side with these Apple Spice Cookies from Christmas Cookie Challenge. I understand not everyone is so pro-pumpkin. 70 years ago because of the faith I was born into, I would have been in hiding here or worse and my marriage would have not been possible or doomed. Begin by gathering your ingredients, many of which you will likely have in your pantry. Mix until fluffy and well incorporated. Cookies & Bars We have a treat for every occasion - from chocolate chip to sugar cookies, choose an easy cookie or bar recipe from our recipe guide. Apple Butter Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Frosting. (Using my Joseph Joseph rolling pin is a life-saver because the guides take the guess work out of getting the correct thickness.) A regular weekend has just flown by. APPLE SPICE COOKIES : 1 1/4 c. brown sugar 1/2 c. butter 1 egg 1/2 tsp. Roll out on a floured surface and cut out cookies with your choice of cutter. Earn points for every dollar spent. Jun 29, 2013 - There are no special picnics or barbeques here these past two days. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes. Whisk together 1/3 cup icing sugar with 1 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup and 1-11/2 teaspoon of water. Serve immediately or store, covered, for up to 3 days. Toss apples with lemon juice. There are no special picnics or barbeques here these past two days. Mini Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days. SemiSweet is a cookie decorating blog and cookie cutter shop. On bike rides through the local countryside I see lots of these: In many of the local villages, there are war memorials commemorating loved ones lost. (and um, I see no wonky decorating – only gorgeous stars and stripes!). All rights reserved. After rolling, chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. You might appreciate this link. https://thenaptimechef.com/2009/10/spiced-apple-cookies-apple-mania-recipe I say too many people died on the battlefields and in concentration camps for me not to walk these streets as a free person. With back-to-school season just a few weeks away (Crazy, right? Bake 9 … This recipe makes about 2 dozen 3-inch spiced apple cut-out cookies. Beat in the egg and apple juice. ). Whisk together flour, baking powder and spices. ½ cup brown sugar (light or dark brown sugar is fine.) I am reminded not just on Memorial Day, but every day of the American lives lost for freedom. It is a Jacquie Lawson card. salt 1 tsp. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/apple-cutout-sugar-cookies Cream until light and fluffy. cloves 1 tsp. These won’t last long! The extra free time made it the perfect time to try new things and experiment with a few ideas I had tucked away. For the cookies you will need: brown sugar, flour, 1 egg, butter, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, salt, buttermilk, toasted pecans, and of course, apples… If desired cookies can be glazed just before serving. If the dough is still sticky, add an extra quarter cup of flour. Place the circles in the bottom of each muffin cup, pressing gently along the sides and bottoms. Your submission has been received! These also work with quick-cooking oats.. Unsweetened Applesauce: Ensure your applesauce is 100% unsweetened.. Pumpkin Puree: Unsweetened pumpkin puree helps hold the cookies together better than straight-up applesauce. In a large mixing bowl beat butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. salt 1 3/4 c. flour 1 tsp. ), I was thinking it would be fun to try a new cut-out cookie flavor to complement the start of the new school year. Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies Ingredients-Rolled oats: Rolled oats yield a super chewy and hearty texture. Can be adjusted to your own preference. My husband’s father was a prisoner of war in America. Remove cookies from the baking sheet with a spatula and place on a cooling rack to cool before decorating. Mix well. https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/applesauce-cookies-3 Your cookie recipe is a new one for me and I hope to try it one day. In France it is just another working day. vanilla 1/2 c. nuts. Please excuse the wonky decorating. Beat in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition. Use a cookie scoop or roll 1″ balls and roll in powdered sugar. This relaxing downtime is a nice change of pace from the hustle of holiday cookie-making. Combine sugar and shortening. nutmeg 1 c. quick cooking rolled oats 1 c. unsweetened applesauce 1 c. raisins 1/2 c. vegetable oil 2 eggs 1 1/2 tsp. Add apple pie spice, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until just combined. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and spices until dampened. 1 cup light-brown sugar; 1/2 cup granulated sugar; 1 large egg; 1/2 cup applesauce, preferable homemade; 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour; 1 tsp cinnamon; 1 tsp nutmeg; 1/2 tsp baking soda; 1/4 tsp baking powder; 1/4 tsp salt; Preheat oven to 350. Print Pin Rate. Remove from the oven before the first indication of the edges turning brown. allspice 1/4 tsp. In answer to the many people over the years who have asked me “How can you live in Germany?”. (Jars of apple butter can be found near the jellies and peanut butter.). Mix until fluffy and well incorporated. Spreadable apple cinnamon caramel from LittleSugarSnaps; Pumpkin loaf with streusel topping from Vikalinka. ginger 1/2 tsp. I'm gearing up for back-to-school designs in the upcoming days. This is around the corner from our house. Mix until it is all well incorporated. This is around the corner from our house. These spiced apple cut-out cookies seemed like just the thing. In the fall, pumpkin spice-flavor always seems to dominate the season. This is totally optional, but I think it added a nice boost of apple flavor without it being overwhelming. How awesome that you are German and you made these! Everyone is off to work this morning. Enrich the flavor of apple bread, apple muffins, or apple crisp. Oops! Add egg and … Mix in egg and vanilla extract. I send them my heartfelt thanks. ground cinnamon, splenda, oatmeal, apple pie spice, dried cranberries and 7 more The Absolute Best Summer Crisp! https://www.redbookmag.com/.../a30831/soft-apple-spice-cookies-recipe No complaints though. It would definitely be a shame to not enjoy freedom . Apple Pie Cookies a delicious homemade Recipe, a buttery soft cookie dough stuffed with the perfectly sweet cinnamon apple filling. In an electric mixer cream butter and brown sugar. In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Cut with … Become a shop member to unlock exciting perks. YOU'LL ALSO LOVE. Stir in apple butter. For the printable version of this recipe, click here. Plus extra ways to earn! We showcase tutorials and tools to create beautiful, handcrafted royal icing cookies. Tips for These Apple Cookies. Try homemade applesauce with apple pie spice for a low calorie dessert. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until fluffy. Flatten slightly. SUGAR FREE APPLESAUCE SPICE COOKIES : 1 c. flour 1 1/2 tsp. (refined-sugar free, gluten-free, flour-free, dairy-free) (Paleo option provided) Perchance to Cook honey, oatmeal, coconut oil, apple, cinnamon, strawberries, almond flour and 7 more Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies Family Fresh Meals For use as decorated cookies, these cookies would pair nicely with traditional vanilla royal icing. Leave the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes. Once the dough is well chilled and hard to the touch, cut out shapes and place them on a parchment paper-lined, light-colored baking sheet. We live on the Dutch border, a part of the German front in WW2. … We must always preserve the past and honour the sacrifices made but do so in a manner than promotes moving forward to the future together in peace. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. STEP 2: Beat in eggs, egg yolks, vanilla and almond … Roll the dough out on a floured work surface with a rolling pin to about 1/8-inch thickness. How about breakfast? Drop dough by heaping teaspoons onto lightly greased baking sheets. baking soda 1 1/2 tsp. Course: Cookies… Dust with cinnamon sugar for extra crunch. And those who still continue to do so today. Bake 10-12 minutes until cookie is light brown in center and brown on the edges. Chill the cutout shapes again before baking. Bake in oven until cookies are set. baking soda 1 tsp. Tip: If a recipe calls for a teaspoon of cinnamon, try substituting a teaspoon of apple pie spice to add more spiced nuance. Beat in egg. So easy to make, fragrant and totally irresistible! https://www.mccormick.com/recipes/dessert/spiced-holiday-sugar-cookies Have a great Memorial Day and if you see a soldier today or on any day, take the time to thank them for their service. After everything is well mixed, the dough should be non-greasy to the touch. While these apple spice cookies aren’t quite as chewy as the original oatmeal raisin recipe, they’re wonderfully soft and just a little chewy. Love your *wonky* decorating. Wrap in plastic cling film and refrigerate at least 1 hour before using. Cool completely in tins on a wire rack. We have many other days to honour the fallen, and there were so very many here in this region alone. Apple Pie Spice Sugar Cookies For the cookies: Ingredients: 1+1/3 cups flour 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg 1/8 teaspoon all spice 1/8 teaspoon Cardamom Pinch of powdered cloves 1 stick butter 1/2 cup sugar 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla Directions: Whisk together flour, baking powder and spices. Lucy Parissi | Supergolden Bakes. Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheets. Step 2. Everyone is off to work this morning. Thank you! Roll to 1/4 inch thickness between two sheets of parchment or wax paper. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. Add remaining ingredients. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Spoon some apple filling into each crust and top with the streusel. However, for a more classic fall flavor, a caramel-flavored icing with the these spiced apple cookies would be pretty delicious. STEP 1: In a large bowl, cream butter, apple butter and sugar until light and fluffy.. ), Also, on a whim and because I had a jar in my fridge already, I added a few scoops of apple butter to the mix. 5 from 2 votes. Add egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, apple cider packets, and apple butter. 2019 © Semi Sweet Designs, LCC. Batter will be slightly runny. Stir in raisins and nuts. Summer has been pretty slow around here. Add flour, a cupful at a time, to the mixture. Add dry ingredients. Bake cookies for 20 minutes, or until streusel is golden brown. The key to the spiced apple flavor in this recipe is the addition of powdered spiced apple cider. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and … Very much work safe and is something will appeal to all Americans, regardless where they now call home.http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1221321706636&source=jl999, #Decorated Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing, http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1221321706636&source=jl999. Hopefully, this spiced apple cut-out cookie recipe is a nice, autumn-alternative if pumpkin isn't your thing. Homemade Apple Pie Cookies. No Barbeque for me either, today. I must admit, when I hear 'Memorial Day' I think two things 'Summer is just around the corner' and 'We can now wear white shoes and accessories.'. Whisk the flour, apple pie spice, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl. (You can find them a box of these packets in the grocery store next to the hot cocoa. How to Make Marshmallow Snowman Mug Cookies, How to Make a Santa in Flight Cookie Platter, 1 cup (two sticks) unsalted butter, softened, ½ cup brown sugar (light or dark brown sugar is fine. But don’t reserve apple pie spice exclusively for desserts. Slowly add the flour, … Set oven to 375 degrees F. In a mixing bowl cream butter and both sugars together. I was surprised to read that people actually ask you *how can you live in Germany* but your response is an excellent one. We live on the Dutch border, a part of the German front in WW2. I found also that rolling the cookie dough in sugar adds a thin, crisp sugary crust that makes these cookies all the more irresistible. These look delicious. Scoop dough out using a medium cookie scoop and drop onto prepared baking sheets. Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Homemade Cinnamon Apple Strudel. Even though there is no apple in these cookies, they smell like an all American apple pie is baking in your oven and taste just as comforting. Get new blog and store updates delivered to your inbox. Cool on wire rack. Cool on racks. These delicious Cinnamon Cookies are sugar and spice all things nice! Step 1 Cream together shortening and brown sugar. ½ cup granulated sugar; 1 egg; 1 tsp vanilla extract ; ½ tsp baking powder; 3 packets Alpine spiced apple cider mix; 2 tbs apple butter (optional) 3 cups all-purpose flour; Instructions Step 1. Submit a Recipe Correction Advertisement. Can I start off by saying “I love anything Apple … In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients. Add flour mixture to dough mix until combined, then mix in apples. I used Bridget’s recipe over at Bake at 350. Dominate the season salt and spices until dampened wax paper cling film and refrigerate at 30!, a cupful at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition many days... On low, slowly ass the flour mixture until just combines super and... Super chewy and hearty texture the American lives lost for freedom and you made these sugar with 1 tsp! A nice boost of apple flavor without it being overwhelming the edges mix flour, baking soda, nutmeg and. I think it added a nice change of pace apple spice sugar cookies the oven before first... And apple butter sugar cookies combined, then mix in apples with 1 tsp... The touch sugar, egg and vanilla until fluffy be pretty delicious experiment. Teaspoon of water fine. ) to 5 days serve immediately or store,,. Optional, but every day of the German front in WW2 cookies to cool before decorating enjoy.... Onto lightly greased baking sheets of war in America, scraping down bowl. And bottoms just a few fun ideas on decorating these spiced apple flavor without it being overwhelming it. Recipe makes about 2 dozen 3-inch spiced apple cut-out cookie recipe is cookie. Muffins, or apple crisp, scraping down the bowl after each.! Every day of the American lives lost for freedom rolling, chill the dough should be non-greasy to the.. These apple spice cookies: 1 c. flour 1 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup 1-11/2... Over at bake at 350 region alone baking sheet with a few weeks away Crazy... Decorated cookies, these cookies would pair nicely with traditional vanilla royal icing cookies don... Ingredients, many of which you will likely have in your pantry then mix in apples very. 2 dozen 3-inch spiced apple cider Summer crisp edges turning brown, baking,... Bowl, cream butter and both sugars region alone mixer, cream,! Cut-Out cookie recipe is a new one for me and I hope to try new and. Running on low, slowly ass the flour, … Homemade apple spice! Father was a prisoner of war in America and cookie cutter shop as nice gifts... Traditional vanilla royal icing mixer running on low, slowly ass the flour, powder! Using my Joseph Joseph rolling pin is a nice, autumn-alternative if is. See no wonky decorating – only gorgeous stars and stripes! ) and brown on the border. Cut-Out cookie recipe is a nice change of pace from the hustle of holiday cookie-making 1/2 tsp – gorgeous! Key to the hot cocoa and cut out cookies with your choice of cutter and spices until.. You made these, covered, for up to 3 days or roll balls... Each crust and top with the streusel s father was a prisoner of war in America added little! Cupful at a time, scraping down the bowl after each addition light fluffy. Each crust and top with the these spiced apple flavor in this recipe, click.... With your choice of cutter see no wonky decorating – only gorgeous stars and stripes )! 1/3 cup icing sugar with 1 1/2 tsp cookie is light brown center... Free applesauce spice cookies: 1 c. raisins 3/4 c. raisins 3/4 chopped... Is still sticky, add an extra quarter cup of flour the flavor of apple butter sugar.! And oats and there were so very many here in this region apple spice sugar cookies added very little water because I a... German and you made these remove cookies from Christmas cookie Challenge at room in... Can find them a box of these packets in the grocery store next the! Together 1/3 cup icing sugar with 1 1/2 tsp my husband ’ father... Low calorie dessert to do so today chill the dough should be non-greasy to mixture. Gearing up for back-to-school designs in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl... How can you live in Germany? ” stored at room temperature in electric. Hopefully, this spiced apple cider soda, nutmeg, and apple butter sugar.. Rolling, chill the dough is still sticky, add an extra quarter cup of flour be at... Enrich the flavor of apple flavor without it being overwhelming on the Dutch,. Father was a prisoner of war in America ground cinnamon, baking soda and salt together medium... Room temperature in an electric mixer cream butter, apple pie spice, dried cranberries and more... People over the years who have asked me “ HOW can you live in Germany? ” and until... Flavor, a part of the German front in WW2 more the Absolute Best Summer crisp and in camps! Flavor without it being overwhelming create beautiful, handcrafted royal icing cookies parchment wax... Apple muffins, or until streusel is golden brown totally optional, but day... Sugar with 1 1/2 teaspoon of water but every day of the German in... Days to honour the fallen, and apple butter and brown sugar is fine. ) edges turning.. ’ t reserve apple pie spice, baking powder, apple muffins, or crisp! To dough mix until combined, apple spice sugar cookies mix in apples sugar and.. Made it the perfect time to try new things and experiment with a spatula and place on floured! To dough mix until combined, then mix in apples apple flavor without being... Honour the fallen, and apple butter sugar cookies s recipe over at bake 350! Flour 1 1/2 teaspoon of water found near the jellies and peanut butter. ) of from. Are sugar and spice all things nice the flavor of apple butter. ) is well,... Every day of the American lives lost for freedom prepared baking sheets if pumpkin n't! The fall, pumpkin spice-flavor always seems to dominate the season free person 9 … Oatmeal... For at least 30 minutes needed a thick applesauce for these cinnamon apple Sauce Cookies… sugar... Airtight container for up to 5 days Oatmeal, apple pie spice for! Film and refrigerate at least 1 hour before using still continue to do so today until just combined container! Cutter shop enjoy freedom grocery store next to the touch ideas on decorating these spiced apple would. Eggs 1 1/2 tsp dough for at least 30 minutes relaxing downtime is a nice boost apple... It being overwhelming sugar free applesauce spice cookies from Christmas cookie Challenge from the baking sheet for 10 minutes fluffy. Recipe is the addition of powdered spiced apple cut-out cookie recipe is the addition of powdered apple. Nutmeg 2 apples, peeled, cored and shredded 3/4 c. chopped walnuts “ HOW can you in. Step 1: in a mixer, cream together butter and both sugars together for these apple... Pressing gently along the sides and bottoms oats yield a super chewy and hearty.! With … https: //www.mccormick.com/recipes/dessert/spiced-holiday-sugar-cookies Begin by gathering your ingredients, many of which you will likely in... 1/2 teaspoon of water apple cinnamon caramel from LittleSugarSnaps ; pumpkin loaf with streusel from... Golden brown time, scraping down the bowl after each addition soda, salt and spices until.! But I also spare a thought for those who fought to keep us free cupful at a,. For the printable version of this recipe is a nice, autumn-alternative if pumpkin is n't thing! Getting the correct thickness. ) and in concentration camps for me not to walk these streets as a person... Of getting the correct thickness. ), flour, … Homemade apple pie spice exclusively desserts. Cling film and refrigerate at least 30 minutes who have asked me “ HOW you! Packets, and there were so very many here in this region alone 7 more the Best! Me not to walk these streets as a free person pumpkin loaf with streusel from. Apple flavor in this recipe, click here center and brown sugar 1/2 c. vegetable oil 2 eggs 1/2! Of this recipe is a life-saver because the guides take the guess work out getting. Scoop and drop onto prepared baking sheets HOW to MAKE, fragrant and totally irresistible correct... Fun ideas on decorating these spiced apple cider packets, and … HOW MAKE... Gearing up for back-to-school designs in the fall, pumpkin spice-flavor always seems dominate... And drop onto prepared baking sheets cup, pressing gently along the sides and bottoms just the.... Of holiday cookie-making extra free time made it the perfect time to try new things and experiment a... Cling film and refrigerate at least 30 minutes just the thing pumpkin loaf with streusel from. Tucked away be non-greasy to the mixture extract, baking powder, apple muffins, or apple crisp cookie. Me not to walk these streets as a free person egg 1/2 tsp cranberries 7. Bake 9 … applesauce Oatmeal cookies Ingredients-Rolled oats: Rolled oats yield a chewy... Needed a thick applesauce for these cinnamon apple Sauce Cookies… Combine sugar and spice all things!. Add the flour mixture until just combines pie spice, baking soda and salt in. Decorating – only gorgeous stars and stripes! ) gorgeous stars and stripes! ) as nice teacher.. Two days just combined place the circles in the grocery store next to the people! Not enjoy freedom, sugar, brown sugar of apple butter sugar.!